Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Nursing Exam Results 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 frassidy

hey....i managed to get 199 somehow...and i just got 10 distinctions in a nursing studies fetac course so i'm quietly confident of a place although nothing is certain.
    To anyone who isn't successful this year i would definitely recommend doing the career services preparation course for next year...it was the best 150Euro i've ever spent. I went in to the exam pretty confident and it was all down to that course.

Also, if it's not too late, try get on to a pre-nursing fetac level 5 course. I just finished one in colaiste dhulaigh in coolock and definitely did not regret it. you learn so much and especially if you haven't been in school/college in a few years, like me, it's a great way to shake the cobwebs off before going to university. Also, it will tell you for sure whether you definitely want to do nursing or not. There was loads of people in the year that decided it wasn't for them halfway through, so its best to know then i guess rather than halfway through a degree...and the experience is amazing. I applied to work in nursing home abroad and they sent me to sweden all expenses paid for 3 weeks..def recommend a year like that and def recommend colaiste dhulaugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Got 182, pleasantly surprised, and would feel much more confident doing the aptitude test again next year, although not too confident of obtaining a place with such huge competition. Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Triona00

hi, does anyone have any idea what points u need to have to be in with some chance of getting a place. i got over 190 and i want general nursing. is this enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lonelylady321

Triona00 wrote: »
    hi, does anyone have any idea what points u need to have to be in with some chance of getting a place. i got over 190 and i want general nursing. is this enough?

Yes I believe so. Where have you applied to Triona?

U.L how can u be sure?

• Advertisement

U.L how can u be sure?

Triona are you on that rollercoaster Facebook page?

I have requested to join. At the moment I have no idea if I have a chance or not. I am trying too find out if anyone else has applied to U.L and if so what is there score. If u hear anymore will u let me know.

I requested to join the FB rollercoaster page months ago and still no response.

Frassidy, where did u apply to? Did u do any more prep for the exam (apart from career service). Your result is fantastic.

I have requested to join. At the moment I have no idea if I have a chance or not. I am trying too find out if anyone else has applied to U.L and if so what is there score. If u hear anymore will u let me know.

This is what is up at the minute on the rollercoaster page

General
    Aoife 188 2. Gen UL
    Collette 156 1. Gen UL

hope this helps. I will keep an eye on it for you and if any more goes up I will let you know

• Advertisement

Thank you so much. I hope my result will get me in.

No problem Triona try joining this page again I find it really helpful
    I will pm you the link

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Caffrey82

Anyone applying for midwifery Dundalk or Trinity? What score did you get x

• Registered Users Posts: 11 breny

Caffrey82 wrote: »
    Anyone applying for midwifery Dundalk or Trinity? What score did you get x

Ive applied to Dundalk for midwifery, I got 178, hopefully it's enough. I also applied for general, general with children in DCU also. I have tried to join group on FB so hopefully will know more on scores.

breny wrote: »
    Ive applied to Dundalk for midwifery, I got 178, hopefully it's enough. I also applied for general, general with children in DCU also. I have tried to join group on FB so hopefully will know more on scores.

I am on that FB page ;-) Iv applied for Mids in Dundalk and then Trinity. I got 191. Some one else on the FB page got 194 for Mids Dundalk. It's so tight this year!

I'm here thinking that I should check out how many mature places each college has but I don't no how many people passed that want to apply there if that makes sense. I will continue trying to find documents for SUSI that seems to have vanished into thin air when I need them.
    Great score by the way!!

I'm here thinking that I should check out how many mature places each college has but I don't no how many people passed that want to apply there if that makes sense. I will continue trying to find documents for SUSI that seems to have vanished into thin air when I need them.
    Great score by the way!!

The number of places are in the Nursing A Career For You handbook. Think it's 5 mature places for Dundalk x

• Registered Users Posts: 4 polly92

Could someone please post the link of this facebook page with test scores, I can't seem to find it. thanks

Polly92,

They wont let me link it to you as I'm a new user, the link is on the other tread-It's the mature student midwifery psychometric test 2014 tread, I think it's the last page.

HTH,

Breny

• Advertisement

Polly92,

They wont let me link it to you as I'm a new user, the link is on the other tread-It's the mature student midwifery psychometric test 2014 tread, I think it's the last page.

HTH,

Breny

Search Rollercoaster/Nursing Midwives on FB and you'll find it, I can't copy link xx

Lonelylady321. Sorry to ask again but have more results gone up for general in UL on the Rollercoaster facebook page. Thanks.

Lonelylady321. Sorry to ask again but have more results gone up for general in UL on the Rollercoaster facebook page. Thanks.

Nope nothing has went up since. Did you try that facebook page since?

Ya I did and I am still waiting to be accepted. Thanks for checking.

Anyone apply for general in DCU?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sinewaves

The moderator is a woman called Theresa Gray - perhaps send a private message if you cannot register.

Here is a way to give us a rough idea of where we stand:

Workout your percentage % for the score you just received - in my case it's 183/240 x 100 = 76%

Workout the percentage from 2013: mental health in trinity (my first choice) was 523 so 523/800 x 100 = 65%

Another method is to compare your score from 2010:

mental health in trinity was 153, and I got 183 so that gives me a rough idea

To find out what the points where for 2013 and 2010, just google mature nursing CAO 2013, and do the same for 2010.

You will then be able to get the percentages for your desired from both years and compare to what you got.

This is a rough guide remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rachsull28

Hi everyone
    I have clicked the link to join the group but no joy yet. Has anyone applied for Tralee on it?

How do I contact Theresa Gray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ciara_may

rachsull28 wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I have clicked the link to join the group but no joy yet. Has anyone applied for Tralee on it?

hey iv Tralee mental health as my first choice there are 3 other girl on the Facebook group that have Tralee general nursing as their first choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 rachsull28

ciara_may wrote: »
    hey iv Tralee mental health as my first choice there are 3 other girl on the Facebook group that have Tralee general nursing as their first choice
    Thanks Ciara_May did they post scores as I'm afraid mine might not be good enough

Advertisement