Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Nursing Exam Results 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ciara_may

rachsull28 wrote: »
    Thanks Ciara_May did they post scores as I'm afraid mine might not be good enough

I got 178 first choice mental health and the others got 183, 174 and 154 first choice general what's your score if you don't mind me asking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rachsull28

ciara_may wrote: »
    I got 178 first choice mental health and the others got 183, 174 and 154 first choice general what's your score if you don't mind me asking :)

Thanks again for the info. I got 172 and my first choice is general so I think I am out of the race but who knows. I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Thanks again for the info. I got 172 and my first choice is general so I think I am out of the race but who knows. I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

172 is very good :) hopefully a low amount have applied to Tralee and we will all get in :)

ciara_may wrote: »
    172 is very good :) hopefully a low amount have applied to Tralee and we will all get in :)

That would be fantastic :) I'll cross fingers and toes for us both ;)

That would be fantastic :) I'll cross fingers and toes for us both ;)

me too roll on July!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Caffrey82

Anyone else for Midwifery in Dundalk? X

Hi everyone I just emailed Tralee I.T and found out they take up to 9 people for mature general and after some research I think 15 for psychiatric nursing if that helps anyone. :)

Hi everyone I just emailed Tralee I.T and found out they take up to 9 people for mature general and after some research I think 15 for psychiatric nursing if that helps anyone. :)

Good to know! I might call Dundalk :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lonelylady321

Another way to find out places is if you download the "Nursing a career for you" booklet and on page 14 it shows the percentage of each course that goes to mature students. Qualifax is good aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nikkinee

Caffrey 82 I have also applied to Dundalk for Mid - I got 179 so hard to know

• Advertisement

I called Dundalk and only 5 places for Mids :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wooly186

I done the exam and got 179. Delighted, but nervous now..I am hoping to do ID and hope it is enough to get in. Anyone any idea how they decide..this is my first time to ever do it.

Hi wooly
    Places are offered by order of merit. Let's just say that you got 180 and your first choice is general. Individuals who scored higher than you and have your course as their first choice will be offered over you. If there are places left, and individuals who scored higher than you, and have your course as their second choice, and want this course, they will be offered over you. The same process will continue until individuals who scored higher and want your course are given places. Individuals who scored higher than you, but have it as their fourth/fifth/sixth etc... will probably be offered a higher preference. So, once higher scores have been offered, the attention will turn to people with 180 down - that is if the places have not been filled. If they do look at 180 scores, and see you have it as first choice, you will be offered a place. If there are two of you on 180 and have it both as first choices, I believe they just randomly pick. Hope this helps

Thanks for that LonelyLady...I am hoping to do this through a sponsorship at work. I work for Intellectual Disability for the past 11 years and have just decided to do it. Would love to do Psychiatric but can only be sponsored for the area I work in, so just keeping my fingers crossed. First and last time to do it but would recommend it. It done a lot for my ego and I looking at it in case they made a mistake with results.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sinewaves

Hi wooly
    Places are offered by order of merit. Let's just say that you got 180 and your first choice is general. Individuals who scored higher than you and have your course as their first choice will be offered over you. If there are places left, and individuals who scored higher than you, and have your course as their second choice, and want this course, they will be offered over you. The same process will continue until individuals who scored higher and want your course are given places. Individuals who scored higher than you, but have it as their fourth/fifth/sixth etc... will probably be offered a higher preference. So, once higher scores have been offered, the attention will turn to people with 180 down - that is if the places have not been filled. If they do look at 180 scores, and see you have it as first choice, you will be offered a place. If there are two of you on 180 and have it both as first choices, I believe they just randomly pick. Hope this helps

Great explanation - I posted that on the roller coaster group during the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭X1R

Anyone on here looking for general in Athlone I've not seen anyone post about AIT? I've been caring for just over a year and absolutely LOVE IT !!! Decided that at 34 I have found a career and want to follow it through. I've been told being a male will help my application is this true or just bs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sinewaves

gender doesn't come into it - all about score.

sinewaves wrote: »
    gender doesn't come into it - all about score.

Perfect. All I've been hearing is "ah you'll get a place, your a man blah blah blah.........."

X1R wrote: »
    Anyone on here looking for general in Athlone I've not seen anyone post about AIT? I've been caring for just over a year and absolutely LOVE IT !!! Decided that at 34 I have found a career and want to follow it through. I've been told being a male will help my application is this true or just bs?
    I have athlone down aswell for general. What score did you get if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all. I got 184. First time sitting an aptitude test so I'm happy to a point but would love to know so I decide on work and things. How did you get on if its ok to ask ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭sevg

Wooly186 where have u applied to do id nursing? I applied for trinity and have been working in the sector myself for nearly 5 years and am also hoping to get a sponsorship from where I work.

Wooly186 where have u applied to do id nursing? I applied for trinity and have been working in the sector myself for nearly 5 years and am also hoping to get a sponsorship from where I work.

sevg wrote: »

I have applied to trinity...what area have u applied from...2nd choice ucd....i am applying in mid leinster

contacted the college and for mental health its 15 places in total 5 for mature 2 for fetac and 8 for leaving certs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Daisyannaq30

Nikkinee wrote: »
    Caffrey 82 I have also applied to Dundalk for Mid - I got 179 so hard to know

Hi nikkinee, i sat the mature nursing test but only got 165 points & i've also just finished a pre-nursing fetac course but i dont know how i did in that test yet, do you think that 165 is far too low to apply for general nursing?

wooly186 wrote: »
    I have applied to trinity...what area have u applied from...2nd choice ucd....i am applying in mid leinster

I also applying in mid leinster for the sponsorship. I only put down one choice and that was for trinity.

I also applying in mid leinster for the sponsorship. I only put down one choice and that was for trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nikkinee

daisyannaq30 - I'm as alien to the process as you but looking at the document that is up in rollercaster (where people have provided the scores they have got and what there 1st choice is) 2 people have said DKIT General one has a score of 160 and the other has 178. It is so hard to know it's all a waiting game

sevg wrote: »

Did you have any problem getting your sector manager to sign your sponsership...do you mind me asking how you did

• Advertisement

Did you have any problem getting your sector manager to sign your sponsership...do you mind me asking how you did

Wooly186 I haven't got to that stage yet lol was actually going to try get it signed tomorrow, fingers crossed it'll be easy enough to get it signed anyway

Advertisement