Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i get a star wars stormtrooper helmet?

Options
  • 28-05-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everyone,
    Im trying to find a star wars stormtrooper helmet for part of a costume this weekend.
    Need one based on the first original 3 movies, but it doesnt need to be an expensive collectors item.
    just needs to look somewhat authentic.
    All i have been able to find are really expensive replicas, or really really bad cheap imitations, nothing in between.
    I live in Dublin and dont mind driving anywhere to collect something if it looks half decent and i dont have to live on bread and water because of it.

Would anybody know somewhere i could rent or buy(2nd hand even) something decent?
    Thank you all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

A galaxy far, far away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Do you also get the towel?

stoneill wrote: »
    Do you also get the towel?

Always handy to have a spare towel

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What kind of costume is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Always handy to have a spare towel

But ....isn't she a little short to be a storm trooper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Adverts

HAHAHAHAHAH

Don't!

conorhal wrote: »
    But ....isn't she a little short to be a storm trooper?

What is the regulation height for Storm Troopers these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I can see the number of ad views increasing dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stormtrooper80

Hahaha thanks guys,
    although im hoping for the stormtrooper helmet from the 70s/80s movies rather than the new style.
    I cant post links or images though because im a new user

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Places you could try.

Subcity Comics.
    Forbidden Planet.

Can't insert links because I'm still a newboardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I didn't know there was a difference between the 70s/80s and newer movies style.

*hides*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

"Worst costume ever"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Your username suggests you already have one. Something fishy going on here...

Did you lose your regulation issue helmet and are trying to sneakily replace it before Darth Vader finds out and goes all 'Dark Lord of the Sith' on your ass?

endacl wrote: »
    Your username suggests you already have one. Something fishy going on here...

Did you lose your regulation issue helmet and are trying to sneakily replace it before Darth Vader finds out and goes all 'Dark Lord of the Sith' on your ass?

I did already have one before, but unfortunately it was stolen at a halloween party

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Don't post it...

Don't post it...

Don't post it...

Damn it....that's a Clone Trooper Helmet from the Prequels not an Original. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I did already have one before, but unfortunately it was stolen at a halloween party

Post reported.

To Vader!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

this?

http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/masks/deluxe-storm-trooper-helmet.html

Edit: whoops, out of stock, but is this better or worse than what you were looking at.

this?

Edit: whoops, out of stock, but is this better or worse than what you were looking at.

Yes, thats the kind of stormtrooper im looking for, but id like something a bit more authentic looking.
    That one looks like a soft squashed turtles egg or something :)

Yes, thats the kind of stormtrooper im looking for, but id like something a bit more authentic looking.
    That one looks like a soft squashed turtles egg or something :)

I think the problem is that they make so much money from Star Wars licencing that you'll only find cheap knock offs or full priced official mechandise.

Probably best to try some of the other shops listed above.

• Advertisement

I think the problem is that they make so much money from Star Wars licencing that you'll only find cheap knock offs or full priced official mechandise.

Probably best to try some of the other shops listed above.

You could be right there Michael!
    Unfortunately ive been onto the other shops and closest i could find to what i need is a €220 replica from forbidden planet

You could be right there Michael!
    Unfortunately ive been onto the other shops and closest i could find to what i need is a €220 replica from forbidden planet

Yeah the full price stuff is horrendously priced. I used to know someone who had the full official Stormtrooper costume. I think it set him back the best part of a grand. Now he wears it every Halloween because, yeah you might as well get your money's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Yeah the full price stuff is horrendously priced. I used to know someone who had the full official Stormtrooper costume. I think it set him back the best part of a grand. Now he wears it every Halloween because, yeah you might as well get your money's worth.

How do you know it's him wearing it?

How do you know it's him wearing it?

He's a friend of a friend so I only ever saw him wearing it one Halloween. He wasn't wearing the helmet all the time.

It was pretty cool looking but I wouldn't spend that much money on some moulded plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Amazon for £150-£200.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭biketard

Advertisement