Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crumlin Road

Options
  • 28-05-2014 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am currently looking at a property on the Crumlin Road. I know the road is quite busy with traffic etc. but what is the area like to live in? I am currently in the Liberties and love it and think Crumlin might be a nice change? Would I be right or talking total madness?

Any advice much appreciated!!

Nari

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Crumlin Road is fine, is it Dolphin's Barn end or Our Lady's end?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nari

It is half way between Dolphin's Barn and Our Lady's hospital! IS there much difference between the two ends of the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Ah Crumlin is fine, good location, all the buses go towards town. The shopping centre has feck all in it though, but if you just need Tesco then it's grand. Harolds Cross would be a "nicer" area imo, houses pretty much the same as Crumlin but you could do worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

WellThen? wrote: »
    Ah Crumlin is fine, good location, all the buses go towards town. The shopping centre has feck all in it though, but if you just need Tesco then it's grand. Harolds Cross would be a "nicer" area imo, houses pretty much the same as Crumlin but you could do worse.

Harold's Cross woule be a good bit more expensive.

Halfway up is fine, it's all fine really but do note that it's a main road, exhaust fumes and noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yes OP, there's a decent difference between both ends of the crumlin road. The top end of it (~10%) actually in dolphins barn which was officially the worst part of the country for crime back when I was a nipper. I'd have no issue with the rest of it which stretches from the old SC down to the edge of walkinstown at the hospital/bingo junction.

As stated before, it is a main road so it's always relatively busy - it's serviced by about 8 bus routes iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Nari

Thanks for the advice all. Still undecided to be honest. Like the house but the traffic fumes might be an issue in the longterm. Will have to think a bit more about it! Cheers!

Advertisement