Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My house was robbed earlier this month...

Options
  • 28-05-2014 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

On the 3rd of May (2014) my home was broken into and my Nintendo 3ds and all my games for it were amongst the things stolen. This is very annoying for me because it feels like they've stolen my time, I had a copy of Pokemon X with some very rare shiny Pokemon such as a Dragonite and Nidoking. I know this might sound stupid to someone who isn't into it and this is a long shot but if anyone happens across a 'second hand' black Nintendo 3ds with a game case containing:

Super Mario 3d land
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time
    The Legend of Zelda: a link between worlds
    New Super Mario Bros 1 & 2
    Mario kart 7
    Mario kart ds
    Super Mario 64 ds
    Pokemon X
    Pokemon Soul Silver
    Pokemon pearl
    Pokemon black
    Luigi's mansion 2

Could you please get into contact with me?

The 3ds is very distinctive, it's L+R triggers are broken but the system was fully functional. On the home screen I made folders layed out to spell Alans 3ds. The games with named save files should be named Alan aswell. I regularly check Adverts, Gumtree, Donedeal etc to see if they are trying to sell it but I haven't seen it yet. Again this is a long shot but it's about as much as I can do about it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sorry to hear that, mate.

I was talking to my girlfriend last night about adverts.ie and she states how suspicious it is that so many people are selling their pricey new smart phones 'without chargers' (you know yourself)
    So if I were you keep an eye open on adverts.ie , gumtree.ie etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If you haven't called the gardai, do so and advise them to look in cex, pawn shops, gamestop, etc. Easiest place to palm off stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

cloud493 wrote: »
    If you haven't called the gardai, do so and advise them to look in cex, pawn shops, gamestop, etc. Easiest place to palm off stuff like that.

Advise the guards to look in Cex and pawn shops gamestop? Better get national guard too. Is this post serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its a fact the Gardas check cex regularly for stolen goods :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Check on Adverts and Done Deal too, I know the Adverts guys have dealings with the Gardaí with robberies on a weekly basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I feel your pain. In dec all my consoles where taken. Didn't get a single thing back. Had serial numbers an all.

Digital and cloud saves all the way now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I'm sorry to hear that, there is nothing worse than losing games that you put time into. It's not even the monetary value that matters so much usually.

I have an unopened copy of SSFIV3D that I can send you to kickstart your new collection if you want to pm me an address to send it to. Hope you have better fortunes in the future.

Sorry to hear that, mate.

I was talking to my girlfriend last night about adverts.ie and she states how suspicious it is that so many people are selling their pricey new smart phones 'without chargers' (you know yourself)
    So if I were you keep an eye open on adverts.ie , gumtree.ie etc.

Sorry to go off topic.

I brought this up in the ''ask'' Adverts section.

Every ad I opened was met with a ''swop for an Iphone'' so I put it to them that it certainly seems like the site is being used to launder stolen phones.

Some of the lads I checked had nothing but electronics(of the stolen kind) in their sell history.

Generally you don't buy an Iphone/Macbook to just sell off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AFeckinK

Hey guys thanks for the kind words, I did notify the gardai as soon as I got home and seen the state of the house but they couldn't find finger prints only smudge marks. I emailed Cex with the situation but I doubt I'll ever see my stuff again. I said this was at least worth doing incase

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sorry to hear about your stolen 3DS mate. Hope it works out for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sorry to go off topic.
    I brought this up in the ''ask'' Adverts section.
    Every ad I opened was met with a ''swop for an Iphone'' so I put it to them that it certainly seems like the site is being used to launder stolen phones.
    Some of the lads I checked had nothing but electronics(of the stolen kind) in their sell history. Generally you don't buy an Iphone/Macbook to just sell off again.

Exactly.
    Alot of stolen stuff gets put up on adverts, gumtree and even ebay. But there isn't much these websites can do beyond giving Gardai sellers details I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AFeckinK

Also I forgot to mention, if anyone has recently streetpassed with a Heisenberg Mii with a blue shirt from Wexford, could you let me know where and when?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

AFeckinK wrote: »
    Also I forgot to mention, if anyone has recently streetpassed with a Heisenberg Mii with a blue shirt from Wexford, could you let me know where and when?

Try over in the Nintendo forum also to see if anyone has come across such a mii.

Hope you get some resolution to this.

Advertisement