Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claude goes home, half Claude comes back.

Options
  • 28-05-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

Over the last few years i've focused mainly on triathlon and did a number of Half Iron distance races along with marathons and one big charity event that involved five marathons in five days.

So from the above you can see i've done no speed work and a lot of my runs were mainly plodding on my feet for as long as possible.

I was due to do another poldfest again this year but had to shelve those plans for family reasons.

I am over weight............BADLY. I weight 109kg and last Sept i was 97kg ( still heavy ), so as you can see i've put back on a lot.

Life is busy and i've had to stand back and look at what i want to do going forward.

My plan is to go for a PB at half marathon and 10k by the end of the year. Here are my PB's

5k - 24.04
    8k- 40.40
    10k - 54.10
    half mara - 2.03.57

As you can see i'm not the fastest on the planet.

I'm starting the 12 week Hal Higdon Advanced Half Marathon training plan. I'm going with advanced as i've done a number of half and full distances.

I want to run a PB on Aug 25th in Longford which is where i'm from.

After that with fitness and diet i feel i'll be able to focus on a 10k PB later in the year.

I'll have a few training races over the weeks and will be running 6 days a week along with some swimming and the odd cycle as well.

Advertisement