Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary level business?

• 28-05-2014 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Looking for a high mark in this so does anyone know if what comes up in the higher paper will also appear on the ordinary but in a more condensed style and easier questions? Also, any predictions? Going for the A or B so obviously going to know everything really well but just in case :) I did higher level until the mocks and teacher said main difference is no ABQ so should I still focus on the ABQ units in detail just to completely cover myself? Any advice would be appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Bump!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Looking for a high mark in this so does anyone know if what comes up in the higher paper will also appear on the ordinary but in a more condensed style and easier questions? Also, any predictions? Going for the A or B so obviously going to know everything really well but just in case :) I did higher level until the mocks and teacher said main difference is no ABQ so should I still focus on the ABQ units in detail just to completely cover myself? Any advice would be appreciated :D

I did my leaving cert over a decade ago at this stage so i would imagine my advice would be a tad outdated. I can say that i went from honours to pass late in 5th year and breezed to an A1 in it in the leaving. My other results were very poor so it wasn't that i was mega bright more so that it was just a theory test that i found interesting. I left that exam after an hour as well which makes it even funnier. God school seems sooooo long ago.

Good luck with it op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I dropped before Christmas did papers on class until the mocks and really only studied the day before my mocks got 79%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

From glancing at the papers, it looks far easier than HL. A lot of things seem to be advantages/disadvantages. There is no ABQ but in the LQ's there is often a short paragraph you have to answer on. Make sure you reference the paragraph or else you won't get the marks.

Thanks guys :) would you have some advice on how to get an A1? Should my answers be of a "higher level standard" and do you think it would be difficult? I know very few get As in higher but I haven't seen any stats for ordinary

• Advertisement

Bumping this.. Can anyone tell me what are the most important units to know inside out for a high grade in ordinary level business if I'm aiming for the A or B1? Thanks :)

Advertisement