Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Predictions 2014 - all subjects in this thread please

Options
  • 26-05-2014 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Is there any way of studying for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭UnitedFan31

Not that i know of.Common questions are why the event in the picture happened, the results of the event or in case of war why one side won or lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Q1 is hard to predict. Practicing questions in the exam papers is the best way to study for this question.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dopy

Hello as you all know the geography exam is next week and to be honest in screwed for it. i was wondering does anyone have tips or predictions on what might come up?
    all help is welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jointer

A map question is definitely coming up and there definitely be a question on the developing world

A map question is definitely coming up and there definitely be a question on the developing world

• Advertisement

What do I need to study for long questions besides the map question?
    Is there any definite questions besides map?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Didn't think you could predict geography?

Xgracie wrote: »
    Didn't think you could predict geography?

You can't really its just there's a question on maps and developing world every year

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Amy_mc

So I'm doing all honors subjects (apart from maths) any predictions on what may come up in any of the following?

English
    Irish (I've studied for studied poetry uaigneas gra and dulra) but what about the studied short story?
    Maths( OL)
    Spanish
    Geography
    Business
    History
    Religion
    Technology
    Cspe
    Science

Please please help me out the junior is in 1 week I need to know what to study last minute and I would like to see your predictions, or what topics came up on the pres??

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

Something always comes up on the earth e.g. earthquakes, volcano, rocks, rivers
    There is usually something on development e.g. shanty towns, developing countries
    The general mix can also include irrigation, soils

If you have been listening in class and doing your homework though you have nothing to worry about because geography is relatively easy anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

Ok im doing mostly Ordinary Level :
    Maths (OL)
    Irish (OL)
    English (OL)
    Home-Economics (HL)
    Music (OL)
    Business Studies (OL)
    Science (OL)
    French (OL)
    History (OL)
    Geography (OL)
    CSPE (COMMON LEVEL)
    - Our School has stopped Religion as an exam Subject for some reason but i dont mind at all as it would just be more stress! -
    By The way:
    1. Do you do SPHE in Leaving Cert? (Just Curious)
    2. If I am doing Ordinary Level English in the Junior Cert, Can I do Higher Level in the Leaving Cert? ( I am asking this because i want to become an English Teacher at secondary school level??)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Katie2014

Junior Cert Next Week! any tips on English(HL) Science(HL) Geography(HL) Business(HL)? :)

For English know all poetic techniques to us in your answers and make sure you don't spend too much time on any section, especially in paper 2. Practice essay as a lot of the time that dictates your grade. For science make sure you know big experiments e.g prove that plants produce starch during photosynthesis as these are worth 18 marks. For geography know ordnance survey maps and aerial photographs as that is always question 5. Also know case studies like an irrigation scheme and how climate has hindered economic development in a developing country. Questions on river/sea erosion and deposition often come up.
    For business know how to do accounts as these are the questions that will always be on the paper(club accounts, trading profit and loss, ledgers and books of first entry). Also know how to do business documents and the household budget and national budget. Knowing these will make sure you don't have to do as many theory questions so you are not leaving too much to chance on the day.
    Hope this helped :)

Thanks So Much:) I think I am worrying about I too much, I just can't wait for it to be all over. Thanks!

Katie2014 wrote: »
    Thanks So Much:) I think I am worrying about I too much, I just can't wait for it to be all over. Thanks!

Sure the JC is easier than the pres people say...

Yeah true. Thanks

No bother :) you'll be fine once you start!

jamie124 wrote: »
    1. Do you do SPHE in Leaving Cert? (Just Curious)
    2. If I am doing Ordinary Level English in the Junior Cert, Can I do Higher Level in the Leaving Cert?

1. No, but you do in TY.

2. Yes, the SEC don't place any restrictions on this though it is possible your school may not allow you to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 john1960

Hi all. I am doing all higher level subjects for the junior cert this year (2014). Below are my predictions from various sources such as discussions with teachers, etc.

Gaeilge - Poetry - Grá, Nádur, Fearg are almost certain to come up.
    Pros - Dúlra, Grá, Gliceas, are almost certain too.

I don' have time at the minute to go through the other subjects, so pleae feel free to ask for others, thanks.

john1960 wrote: »
    Hi all. I am doing all higher level subjects for the junior cert this year (2014). Below are my predictions from various sources such as discussions with teachers, etc.

Gaeilge - Poetry - Grá, Nádur, Fearg are almost certain to come up.
    Pros - Dúlra, Grá, Gliceas, are almost certain too.

I don' have time at the minute to go through the other subjects, so pleae feel free to ask for others, thanks.

Any predictions for English paper 1 section 3 or what theorem is coming up for maths

• Advertisement

jointer wrote: »
    Any predictions for English paper 1 section 3 or what theorem is coming up for maths

English P1 Section 3 is almost impossible to predict! It could be anything.

VG31 wrote: »
    English P1 Section 3 is almost impossible to predict! It could be anything.

What about the theorem for maths?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Boon16

What about the theorem for maths?

I'd just learn all 5 if I were you , so hard to predict.Just imagine we would have had to learn 19 last year

Boon16 wrote: »
    I'd just learn all 5 if I were you , so hard to predict.Just imagine we would have had to learn 19 last year

I heard about the 19 theorems and I don't know how ye did it, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fcos

I heard about the 19 theorems and I don't know how ye did it, well done!

Hi do any of you know the 5 we have to learn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

fcos wrote: »
    Hi do any of you know the 5 we have to learn?

These are the 5 but not the exact wording (sorry):

- Prove the angles in a triangle equal to 180 degrees.
    - Prove the sum of the two interior angles equal the sum of the exterior angle.
    - Prove the opposite angles and sides in a parallelogram are equal.
    - Prove the Pythagoras theorem
    - Then theres one on a circle, can't remember or phrase it at the top of my head ,sorry;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Hi, I'm doing the junior cert in 3 days and I was wondering, is it a certainty that a debate speech will come up for (HL) english? I was looking over the past personal writing questions over the years and a debate speech has come up 12 out of the 14 years in our exam papers. The last time it hasn't come up was in 2004. Is it a definite question?

Just wondering do questions on topics ever repeat in the Jc geography exam

Does anyone know how to get a formula from a graph in maths? It's in the 2014 SEC sample paper (sample paper 1) and I don't want to see it on the day and not be able to do it. Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how to get a formula from a graph in maths? It's in the 2014 SEC sample paper (sample paper 1) and I don't want to see it on the day and not be able to do it. Thanks :)

Actually was just looking through that paper. If its q11 your talking about with the two points on the curve, put the x and y of the point into the equation given (y=a^2+ax+b) for both points and simplify to form two equations.

For the next question u just use simultaneous equations to find the value of a and b

Advertisement