Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink boat in the docks?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

J o e wrote: »
    Well, how was the BBQ?
    Thanks for reminding me to post up about this.

A group of us (4 adults with 2 young kids and a new-born baby) went to the BBQ around 2pm yesterday. Unfortunately it was raining on the way there, and intermittently throughout which is definitely not the kind of weather you would hope to have for such an occasion. Anyway, we had a brilliant time. The boat is really nice and cosy below deck. It was very quiet so space was not an issue and the staff were amazingly friendly and accommodating even though the two kids kept running around, annoying them I'm sure. The food was excellent and there was so much including skewers, garlic bread, baked potatoes, numerous salads and a really delicious milk tart, something I never had before. It tasted like milky bar on a biscuit base (the chef is South African where this dessert originates I think), and all for €12 per adult. One of our group had a coffee which came in a plunger-type-thing (photo). I thought €4 was a bit expensive for a "small coffee" when I read the menu the other day but after seeing it, you'd easily get two cups out of it. Not sure if they will do this or if it's per person.

I had red wine, the Mrs. had white. No complaints at all, again very nice. There are beers and spirits available too.

It was actually really nice watching the thunder and lightning from the upper deck where there are areas to sit covered by an awning.

As an aside, I was asking them about the currachs moored alongside. You can rent these out and head out into the bay. I will definitely try to rope my work colleagues into an outing followed by food on board as it would be ideal imo.

Overall, we had a brilliant day. Julia (the manager) and her staff were so professional and really made us feel welcome! Amazing value for money, I just hope the standards remain as high as yesterday into the future.

I only have a couple of photos to attach as my phone camera is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Didn't realise they sold booze. That's next Sunday sorted so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Walked by it at the weekend. I'd say it is nicer to be on when the tide is in so you can get a view of the bay. At low tide, you'll just be looking out at the two walls either side.

Thanks for the review TP. Did you ask for a Boardsie discount!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

Larianne wrote: »
    Walked by it at the weekend. I'd say it is nicer to be on when the tide is in so you can get a view of the bay. At low tide, you'll just be looking out at the two walls either side.

Thanks for the review TP. Did you ask for a Boardsie discount!?

Next time maybe :) I was very happy with the €12 for the BBQ. Great value!

Off topic I know and this probably wouldn't apply in this particular restaurant as I'm not sure if they do takeaway coffee but I always like it when places have coffee loyalty cards. I used to call to 37 West a lot for takeaway cappuccino but they don't have the cards so I just started going to McDs drive-thru instead...the coffee is not bad at all and 7th one is free (and cheaper to begin with). Makes all the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

Has the pink boat closed down again already? I was down that way yesterday and the walkway down to it was all broken up and away from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

For the moment. Apparently even though they had permission to use the Mud Dock for the boat, the owners of the grass objected as they don't have a right of way to go down to it. Negotiations are continuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

I tried booking, it sounds like there is some access issues and they will be moving a little. A new gangway is being built too. Next weekend (hopefully!). I need a BBQ.

Advertisement