Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Poetry

• 28-05-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Do you guys think I'd be ok with Larkin,Heaney, Bishop and Mahon covered? I really hope Larkin comes up as I love his poetry - Anyone think this is likely? I'm obviously prepared for all though. Only poet I'm leaving out is Plath and we didn't cover the rest of the poets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

I would of learnt dickinson instead of bishop and plath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

You've done four which means it's highly likely you'll get something, but I think either Yeats or Dickinson is more likely than Bishop and Plath combined. Have a look at a fifth just to be sure because I don't think you've chosen the most likely poets tbh! I could envisage a paper with Kinsella, Mahon, Yeats and Dickinson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

That's all the poets our teacher covered though :/ Larkin,Heaney,Mahon,Bishop and Plath. Really hoping for Larkin or Mahon though! Oops EDIT: I meant I covered Mahon, not Plath!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    That's all the poets our teacher covered though :/ Larkin,Heaney,Mahon,Bishop and Plath. Really hoping for Larkin or Mahon though! Oops EDIT: I meant I covered Mahon, not Plath!

Best 4 In my opinion are Dickinson , Yeats , Larkin and Heaney .
    I could definitely see Dickinson and Yeats on it

Just on the topic of likeliness/probability; I'm pretty sure Plath came up 2003/2004 and didn't Rich come up 2 years in a row before (all I know is that she was fairly popular). So just because Bishop/Plath came up last year it doesn't make Dickinson a definite for this year.
    Don't make the mistake that the 2012 LCers did :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

I'd look over Plath's poems quickly just incase you get stuck or you get a bad question on your favoured poets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sarahkiely125

I'm banking on Dickinson, Yeats, Mahon and Larkin. Would anyone advice studying a 5th?

Advertisement