Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close saving account

Options
  • 28-05-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I wanted to know how I could close my deposit account. I am working on a daily basis from 10am to 6:30pm and my branch is open from 10-5.

Thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Nboodies,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

If you have the deposit account registered for viewing on Bank of Ireland 365 Online you can request to withdraw any remaining funds and then close the account online. The button to withdraw funds is to the right of the deposit account name on your 365 Home page. 
    You can then request the funds are transferred to your current account and your deposit account will close once this is completed. 

If you have not registered the deposit account for viewing online, you can send a signed and dated written request that the account is closed and post this to your branch. Please note that an email or fax is not accepted for closing an account.
    Please include the deposit account number and the BIC and IBAN details for the account you wish any remaining funds to be transferred to. 

I hope this information helps you and if you need help with anything else please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement