Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tripod grease

Options
  • 28-05-2014 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to get appropriate grease for tripods without buying a boot kit. Tried bearing supplies and they failed to source it I can get if from rally crowd in uk but its about €50 cause of the postage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭thecivvie

moodrater wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get appropriate grease for tripods without buying a boot kit. Tried bearing supplies and they failed to source it I can get if from rally crowd in uk but its about €50 cause of the postage.

Will they post it to Belfast any cheaper. If so use Parcel Motel http://www.parcelmotel.com

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pastense

Sometimes my tripod bolts get a bit rusty and it gets hard to align the dish so I give it a shot of 3 in 1 and it does the job, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

:pac:tripodjoint.jpg

For the bewildered . Its an odd one from grease point of view what's good for the ball cage and housing can be bad for the needle rollers. Hard to find a low viscocity ep grease without solids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I just ask in the local motorfactors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

They said CV grease or a boot kit. I know CV grease is wrong I even contacted the manufacturer of the grease in case it was really low moly content or something but the said it was unsuitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Hmm... I'll have to ask again , They said it was fine for both. Shaftec would be worth a shout?

Advertisement