Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Minutes - Whelans 20th June

Options
  • 28-05-2014 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭

Anyone else headin to this?

The last one was great, like really great. Sweaty, heavy, energy filled carnage rarely seen at small gigs like that in Dublin.

So much so I think I'll be giving Body & Soul a wide berth on the Friday to do it again.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully ill get to this i missed the last one due to Clutch being the same night. Have yet to see them in their own headline show , have only seen them at festivals. 1st album is deadly , dont have the new one but it seems a bit different but still looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭electronic

The gig 2 weeks ago was brilliant.The band were on top form and the crowd made the night. I would love to go again but wont be in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cossy09

Yep deffo going in again Last gig in Whelan's was one of their best. New album sounded fantastic live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Another great gig by these lads, crowd not as wild as the last one I thought, could not get a moshpit going even for secret history which was depressing, still top night though

Great live band, hope they go far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I know it was a few months ago but do you guys remember them playing much of Marcata?
    I've seen them twice before the 2nd album. I like the 2nd album but I much prefer Marcata.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cossy09

I was at both Whelans gigs and seen them 3 or 4 times this year. Their sets from memory are still Marcata heavy. New songs and old songs sound great together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

cossy09 wrote: »
    I was at both Whelans gigs and seen them 3 or 4 times this year. Their sets from memory are still Marcata heavy. New songs and old songs sound great together.
    Nice!!!!
    Thanks for that

Another Whelans gig from these in October, 26th, Sunday of the bank holiday.

I'll probably go again, wouldn't mind a change of venue though.

They've released a demo of one of their tracks on their facebook, some voice on your man.

Blown away in Whelans again last night, if anything was even better than the first one in June.

This is the best band in Dublin by country mile.

Advertisement