Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer Aid 2014

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Jose was ruthless with his subs, I say a few celebs would have been annoyed with him if they had lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Jose was ruthless with his subs, I say a few celebs would have been annoyed with him if they had lost.

Yeah, spot on. All forgotten cos they won. Jeremy Renner and Man vs Food were delighted. Or good actors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Sheva, Stam, Van Der Sar, Davids and Del Piero would have been the backbone to an outrageous team 10-12 years ago. All spent their best years in Serie A. Goes to show how far it has fallen in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Yeah, spot on. All forgotten cos they won. Jeremy Renner and Man vs Food were delighted. Or good actors.

I'd guess Renner couldn't be risked for too long - and he did say he's in the middle of shooting a film so only did half a day's training for the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

:pac:

One of them is a good actor, the other was in Hansel & Gretel....

:pac:

Enjoyed that game. The celebs would run rings around me, then you compare them to the pros and (I know it's obvious), but they really are a world apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Kevin Bridges played about 2 minutes!

I can assure you he's not very good! Saw him at the football match between all the comedians at the cat laughs festival last week. He played a bit longer then tonight at least but still didn't last too long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,647 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sam Worthington has said that he is more proud of playing 90 minutes of football at Soccer Aid than starring in Avatar :pSource

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sam Worthington has said that he is more proud of playing 90 minutes of football at Soccer Aid than starring in Avatar :pSource

Twisting his words just a tad in that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Just catching up on 2nd half now. Loving this game! Better than some of the other sh1te I've seen this season.

Santi is my Mam of the match

Edit: bad.commentor pun "Robbie doesn't just sing when he is winning"
    Id swear they have a bet on. How many puns can you cram in per player

If nothing else this game reminds everyone of the difference between semi-retired pros and ultra-fit celebrities who played a bit when they were younger. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Jose really wanted to win :D

Another pun re Dominic Cooper has been playing Ian Flemming, he has a license to thrill - LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Love watching this whenever it's on - the commentator was particularly annoying with his stupid puns:

Stephen Moyer "should get his teeth into it"

Jamie Redknapp "is in a league of his own"

Nicky Byrne could be "flying without wings" and when he scored he was "in a world of his own"

That's four from a long list of crappy puns.

That's three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That's three.

no, it's four...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Of the 'celebs' i thought Martin Comptson rb for the ROTW was excellent all game, read it brilliantly, good on the ball and some great interceptions.

Before he did the Ken Loach film Sweet Sixteen (his debut film well worth checking out), he was a trainee with a first Division Scottish team and he was in the Damned Untied too. Him and sam Worthington were both very good at the back.

Advertisement