Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia Stage 18 – May 29th, Belluno - Rifugio Panarotta **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Deignan and Cataldo riding well, in the first chasing group behind the leader Thomas De Gendt I think. Arredondo, Pellizotti and Duarte also in the group

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Cataldo has been dropped, but the group is just catching De Gendt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭happytramp

exciting stuff. Go Philip!!!

Arredondo, Duarte and Deignan all up front now. Hang in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Good effort by Deignan - I thought he was doing all the work for Cataldo but got that one wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Deignan is doing a fantastic climb

De Gendt attacking again, no harm. No way he has enough gas to get to the top

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭YeahOK

Did Sean make the calculation yet? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Come on Philip hang in there!

Deignan 3rd @ 20" with 3k to go

• Advertisement

Deignan in 2nd right now?

Sorry Duarte betwenn him and Arredondo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭donegaldude

come on philip! proud to say I trained and raced with him as a junior, top man!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

go on Philip

happytramp wrote: »
    Deignan in 2nd right now?

Think he's behind Duarte as well as Arredondo

Riding well, looks more comfortable than Duarte.

Arredondo is flying!!

Love to see gap between Deignan and Duarte

happytramp wrote: »
    Arredondo is flying!!

As is Rolland

Not any more.

3rd place for Deignan. Deadly.

Great 3rd by Deignan - 38" down to Arredondo & Duarte (+17)

Deignan third, super ride. Nobody can really match Arredondo on the big mountains

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DKO

Good man Deignan! 3rd, fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

How's Deignan doing vs Duarte?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Chapeau Philip, chapeau!

Boz-5YOIgAE_lsp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Super stuff Philip. Well Done.

On a different note in a way it's great to see the Colombians back on top. Prior to the EPO era there were some very exciting Colombians and I would like to think that the reason the Colombians are coming to the fore now is because their natural talent shines through with a level playing field.

And obviously the talent from Hills of Donegal is shining through also!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    On a different note in a way it's great to see the Colombians back on top. Prior to the EPO era there were some very exciting Colombians and I would like to think that the reason the Colombians are coming to the fore now is because their natural talent shines through with a level playing field.

Um, the Colombian's pan y agua palmares are not exactly noteworthy.

I loved that climb.....so many changes and attacks and really love that no team is controlling this race (like SKY do0 as it makes it so moreexciting

Tomorrow si going to be interesting ...Kelderman, Pozzo & Ryder all good at TT so many more changes expected on the fight for the podium

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Great climb by Deignan but I do have to ask myself if the Irish lads in general are too honest. Both him and Roche seem to do a hell of a lot of work on the climbs only to see someone who did no work zoom off with a few kms to go leaving them for dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Anyone rekon Deignan is in line for a TDF spot? He has had a relatively light season after the broken collarbone. Personally, I'd prefer if he wasn't selected and hopefully they stick him in The Vuelta where he'll have a good chance at more stages and come out in good form hopefully for the worlds.

• Advertisement

Anyone rekon Deignan is in line for a TDF spot? He has had a relatively light season after the broken collarbone. Personally, I'd prefer if he wasn't selected and hopefully they stick him in The Vuelta where he'll have a good chance at more stages and come out in good form hopefully for the worlds.

I'd say it will be the Vuelta for him

Hasn't ridden enough with SKY train & Froome & there are alot of riders in the running for the Tour

Advertisement