Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall mounted light fittings - best wiring method?

Options
  • 28-05-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

I want to fit two wall mounted (plasterboard partition wall) metal cased bedside reading lights.
    I am wondering best/safest way to wire in (recessed). nearest power supply visible is a socked outlet in adjoining room (i.e. different room ; shared wall) Or should I try to find a way up to the attic and pick up a lighting phase and neutral (earth). Would feel happier, in one way if on a power circuit as would have RCD protection - but they would be permanently wired fittings??)

Would welcome any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

I do not know if a Moderator is allowed answer my query? Am hoping to do tomorrow and no replies.

But perhaps, I should just be patient.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

I think either wiring method is acceptable

you can branch off a radial circuit in 2.5
    to a 13amp fcu for the lights

if you branch off a ring circuit you're supposed to fuse down at the branch now

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

I think either wiring method is acceptable

you can branch off a radial circuit in 2.5
    to a 13amp fcu for the lights

if you branch off a ring circuit you're supposed to fuse down at the branch now

Thanks tomdempsey for your reply

Advertisement