Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat X

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mortal Kombat is one of the worst ever fighting game series and MK9 really had no right to be as good as it was. Ate my words when it came out and was not only fun but a serious tournament level fighter. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

AFAIK it'll be out late this year or early next, and will be followed in about 12 months by an injustice sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah he's been counting down for a while on twitter, including this pic
    Bn8ms3JCUAEjQzE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

COYVB wrote: »
    AFAIK it'll be out late this year or early next, and will be followed in about 12 months by an injustice sequel

Judging by his last few titles, they've been announced around E3(ish) and then released the following April. New MK? Feckin' bring it on, I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Didn't Kiefer Sutherland let this slip in an interview a while back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

From Boon's tweets it looks like in and around June 2nd and we might hear something.

Didn't Kiefer Sutherland let this slip in an interview a while back?

Yes, he claimed that he'd done voices for MK while being interviewed about his role as Solid Snake. My money's on him voicing Shinnok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

If it's an X game, as in versus some other game franchise or some such... then it might get heavily censored. Which is balls. I want more gore! Not enough violence in games these days. If MK10 and Killing Floor 2 deliver on the ultra-violence we'll be swimming in blood this season!

If it's an X game, as in versus some other game franchise or some such... then it might get heavily censored. Which is balls. I want more gore! Not enough violence in games these days. If MK10 and Killing Floor 2 deliver on the ultra-violence we'll be swimming in blood this season!

I'd imagine it'll be X as in the number ten. They did a Kombat crossover a few years ago with Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe, and it wasn't too well received by fans, so I think they'd be foolish to go down that road again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Awesome, I loved MK9! So we might see this at E3?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The "X" thing is more Capcom's bag. Considering how badly Marvel messed them up over the sales Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 lost being forced to stop selling it, I'd say the idea has lost lustre even for them.

This X is referring to 10.

Awesome, I loved MK9! So we might see this at E3?

I'd reckon so. That's the way he ran things with the last MK. The announcement/trailer came out just before E3, and then he used the expo as a launchpad. I just hope it's PS3/Xbox360 and not next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i wish they would go back and do it old school like the first 2 with that green screened avatar thingy they had

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Really enjoyed MK9 and Injustice. More of the same and I'll definitely buy. My only hope is they don't implement Injustice features like stage damage or attacks that knock you into different areas. That worked for Injustice, but I'd prefer if they kept MK a bit simpler.

And hopefully no Shao Kahn as the end boss. That alone will make the game better than MK9. Cheap hammer-throwing shoulder-rushing pr*ck!

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i wish they would go back and do it old school like the first 2 with that green screened avatar thingy they had

Back in the day, it was called "digitisation" :)

Penn wrote: »
    Really enjoyed MK9 and Injustice. More of the same and I'll definitely buy. My only hope is they don't implement Injustice features like stage damage or attacks that knock you into different areas. That worked for Injustice, but I'd prefer if they kept MK a bit simpler.

And hopefully no Shao Kahn as the end boss. That alone will make the game better than MK9. Cheap hammer-throwing shoulder-rushing pr*ck!

I wouldn't say no to knocking them through the ceiling like in MK3, but I'd rather not see it go all Injustice or MK: Deadly Alliance era. I reckon what they had in the latest game worked brilliantly as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Mortal Kombat is one of the worst ever fighting game series and MK9 really had no right to be as good as it was. Ate my words when it came out and was not only fun but a serious tournament level fighter. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the sequel.

Wait. MK9 was actually good? I've never liked the Mortal Kombat series so just ignored it. See it on sale on amazon for $5, might pick it up now. How is it with mouse and keyboard? :pac: (I have a fightstick)

abbir wrote: »
    Wait. MK9 was actually good? I've never liked the Mortal Kombat series so just ignored it. See it on sale on amazon for $5, might pick it up now. How is it with mouse and keyboard? :pac: (I have a fightstick)

Most sticks work with PC these days. I don't even notice if my dual modded stick is set to xbox or Ps3 when I plug it in to my pc.

Most sticks work with PC these days. I don't even notice if my dual modded stick is set to xbox or Ps3 when I plug it in to my pc.

Oh I know. I use my fightstick on PC all the time. The mouse/keyboard question was just a joke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

abbir wrote: »

Yeah it was very good, really enjoyed it although the death moves are getting a bit out of hand at this stage! :D

• Advertisement

ripperman wrote: »
    Yeah it was very good, really enjoyed it although the death moves are getting a bit out of hand at this stage! :D

That's half the fun :P

ripperman wrote: »

I've bought it now so will try it out. Not sure when I'll get the time with MK8 (Mario Kart :)) out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Penn wrote: »

Ah no, sure having a tongue in cheek cheesy boss is half the fun. Shao Kahn knows what he is and is cool with it, and so am I! It wouldnt be the same without out him..... YOU WEAK PATHETIC FOOL!!!! (sorry!)

Honestly if they gave me MK9 with updated next gen graphics I'd be ok with just that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

People that thought Shao Khan was a cheesy boss have never played a SNK game before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Mortal kombat 10 to be shown in less thn 15 mins according to ed boon twitter

Hype is real

Mortal kombat X is the name of the game , link coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Okay, if that was ingame, then I'm impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

May well have been a faithful representation of the in-game engine running in real time in most places, but it's 100% choreographed and programmed specifically for a trailer. I'll eat my own left nut if the game plays as fluidly as that in terms of the organic blocks and character reactions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Looks too good to be gameplay , But if it turns out any bit like that sequence i'll be buying it , Is this going to be fully next gen ? I'm getting sick of the ps3 ports

Advertisement