Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

There's no way it's Gameplay. It's CGI out the ears. Looks really nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

deathrider wrote: »

I would expect that the images in the computer game are indeed generated by a computer ;)

Cormac... wrote: »
    I would expect that the images in the computer game are indeed generated by a computer ;)

You know what I mean :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

That's very clearly not gameplay but we can at least get an idea of the artistic direction. That trailer got ruined early for me with the introduction of the god awful music... that wasn't fitting at all! I hope that's not an indication of the music and 'style' they'll be going for... gansta ninja and Mortal Kombat in da hood is retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I don't think the actual gameplay will be all that far removed from that video, aesthetically, but it's never going to have all the incidental stuff included like grabbing weapons from the scenery or the fluid reactions to enemy moves etc

• Advertisement

COYVB wrote: »
    but it's never going to have all the incidental stuff included like grabbing weapons from the scenery or the fluid reactions to enemy moves etc

To be honest, Injustice already had interactive scenery that you could use in the fights. And fluid reaction and animation coupled with partial ragdoll physics seems like a completely valid thing to try and achieve in a current generation game. It's all about the hit detection... Sleeping Dogs was pretty good in that regard in my observation... the fists, feet and knees really looked like they connected with the character models directly on, with minimal clipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

To be honest, Injustice already had interactive scenery that you could use in the fights. And fluid reaction and animation coupled with partial ragdoll physics seems like a completely valid thing to try and achieve in a current generation game. It's all about the hit detection... Sleeping Dogs was pretty good in that regard in my observation... the fists, feet and knees really looked like they connected with the character models directly on, with minimal clipping.

Oh I'm sure it'll have those things, it just won't be anywhere near as fluid as it is in that video. That was very much a video created to show off features, but it certainly won't work as smoothly in reality - not this soon into the new console's lives

That's very clearly not gameplay but we can at least get an idea of the artistic direction. That trailer got ruined early for me with the introduction of the god awful music... that wasn't fitting at all! I hope that's not an indication of the music and 'style' they'll be going for... gansta ninja and Mortal Kombat in da hood is retarded.

I wouldn't imagine that'll be the game's musical style. They used Another Way To Die by Disturbed in a trailer for the last game, but the in-game music was classically MK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

welp didnt see that posted above, love mobile sites!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Interactable Kombat X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Got to play Mortal Kombat X (that's what it's being called on all the promo stuff I saw anyway) today. Demo had Scorpion, Sub Zero, Cassie Cage (daughter of Johnny I guess?) some big monster dudes I can't remember the names of and Baraka.

Only got to play one fight but it was in a level like the one you fought Shao Kahn in from the previous game except it was a big marketplace with stalls and creatures in the background. graphics are lovely and fluid (was on PS4), you get three types of fighting style to choose from.

The x-ray moves are back, and still hilarious, I was Scorpion and he jams his spear into the other players eye socket after breaking their jaw. I lost the round and Cassie Cage's fatality is hilarious, she pulls out a gun, kneecaps you (both legs), then shoots you in the head. While there's blood spurting out of the bullet wound she blows a bubble with her gum, pops it, the sticks the chewing gum in your head to stop the bleeding, only the blood fills up the gum and explodes in a little blood bubble.

Fantastic stuff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Pre-order for Goro?, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ed Boon is teasing some new announcement that will be revealed in the next hour.

Just a Quan Chi reveal, Boon is such a troll, at least they have changed up his design and have not recycled it for the 5th game in a row.

HRmSl7e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Nice. I always liked Quan Chi from an aesthetically and lore point of view but his gameplay style just didn't gel with me at all. Also in the most recent MK game it seemed like he was an afterthough. His fatality where very unimaginative compared to the rest of the cast

He looks like he's packing some sick full screen set-ups in his reveal trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

He looks like he's packing some sick full screen set-ups in his reveal trailer.

Just watched the trailer there and it made me even more hype. Really like what they are doing with the 3 fight styles per character. Also that fatality, hooolyyyyy shiiii

Just watched the trailer there and it made me even more hype. Really like what they are doing with the 3 fight styles per character. Also that fatality, hooolyyyyy shiiii

His portal style looks fantastically dirty. Yeah, that fatality is one of MK X's nastier ideas so far, I reckon.

• Advertisement

The fatality... the way the victim's head pulls back and the neck bulges is cringey painful looking. So glad to see a game go all out with violence and disregard censor.

The fatality... the way the victim's head pulls back and the neck bulges is cringey painful looking. So glad to see a game go all out with violence and disregard censor.

Yeah, they reall look like they're going all out this time around.

New trailer, looks awesome!

Man I really hope the netcode is better. I'm excited for this game, that trailer shows the game looks a lot more polished now but MK9 and InJustAss' garabge online makes me worried. I'll wait it out a few weeks after launch. Any day-1 players let me know how it is, especially for online within UK and Ireland on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Great trailer and then they **** it up with pre order bull****.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ugh yeah, it's a great trailer and then it's "HEY! GIVE US MONEY NOW! Or else we're removing this from your full-priced game." Went from thinking 'I gotta buy this' to 'just wait a year for the complete edition'. Boo. Other than the pan handling it looks pretty sweet.

One of the best X-Rays so far :D

That dialogue though!

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Reveals Mortal Kombat X Product Lineup

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today revealed details of the premium product lineup for Mortal Kombat X, which includes Mortal Kombat X Kollector’s Edition by Coarse, Kollector’s Edition, Premium Edition and Limited Edition. All premium products including the base game are available now for pre-order from participating retailers in North America. In addition, all who pre-order the game will receive legendary fighter, Goro as a playable character. Mortal Kombat X will release worldwide on April 14, 2015.

Mortal Kombat X: Kollector’s Edition by Coarse

• Exclusive Scorpion figurine and Certificate of Authenticity, designed by Coarse. Coarse has been recognized in Collector and Designer figure communities for their artistic approach, dedication to detail, and unique storytelling through sculpture.
    • In-game Gold Scorpion Skin, inspired by the Coarse figurine
    • The Kombat Pack, which includes access to four add-on playable characters from Klassic Kombatants to Iconic guest characters
    • Available for PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft
    • MSRP: $149.99

Mortal Kombat X Kollector’s Edition

• Scorpion Statue
    • Exclusive Steel Pack and Steel Card
    • Mortal Kombat X: Blood Ties Comic Book Volume 1
    • In-game Gold Scorpion Skin
    • The Kombat Pack
    • Available for PS4 and Xbox One
    • MSRP: $179.99

Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition (Digital only)

• The Kombat Pack
    • Available for PS4, Xbox One, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system for Microsoft; PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems and, Windows PC
    • MSRP: $89.99

Mortal Kombat X Limited Edition

• Exclusive Scorpion Skin - this skin design, inspired by the Cold War, is a collaboration between NetherRealm Studios and a fan artist from the MKKollective.com, a crowd-sourced destination where Mortal Kombat enthusiasts can upload, submit and share their MK-related art, images, cosplay, music and videos.
    • The Kombat Pack
    • Available for PS4 and Xbox One
    • MSRP: $94.99

For more information and to pre-order the various game editions, please visit Mortalkombat.com

1422973623-mortal-kombat-x-kollectors-edition.jpg

• Advertisement

Advertisement