Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

mUfmZSx.jpg

jk, it looks cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Alot going on in that trailer. Those 3 human characters are gonna be playable? Seems the guy with the bow will be since his fatality is at the end of the trailer. Mileena also seems to be in, unless shes only part of cutscenes. Also seen Ermac and a human Scorpion

Alot going on in that trailer. Those 3 human characters are gonna be playable? Seems the guy with the bow will be since his fatality is at the end of the trailer. Mileena also seems to be in, unless shes only part of cutscenes. Also seen Ermac and a human Scorpion

The 3 human characters are Jacqueline Briggs, daughter of Jax, Takashi Takeda, son of Kenshi and Kung Jin, descendant of Kung Lao, I assume they are playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Bit disappointed that the thread isn't titled "New Mortal Kombat Inkoming ???" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

I wonder how this game will fit in the timeline seeing as they have Cassie Cage and some of the other kids of the old fighters yet they have a human Scorpion, unless there is some time traveling thing or some deal Scorpion made to get back his humanity, its been a while since i have followed the story line of Mortal Kombat so forgive me if im missing something here.

I wonder how this game will fit in the timeline seeing as they have Cassie Cage and some of the other kids of the old fighters yet they have a human Scorpion, unless there is some time traveling thing or some deal Scorpion made to get back his humanity, its been a while since i have followed the story line of Mortal Kombat so forgive me if im missing something here.

It is set 20 years after MK9.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Watching a developer stream on Twitch atm. Just saw Takeda's Fatality. Easily the most ****ed up finisher so far :eek::eek::eek:

-Edit- Watching it a while and as the fights go on the characters get blood and dirt on their clothes. They tend to blur into the background and lose their colour. Maybe its the 720p that the game is being streamed in. Probably look better when playing it in 1080p

Predator will be a playable character, he will join Jason and there is a rumour that Michael Myers is also going to be included.

Amazon have dispatched my order, hopefully will have it on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

That factions thing reminds me a lot of Soul Calibur's... :rolleyes:

It's reviewing very well so far, nearly all 8s and 9s across the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Urgh.. Had premium edition preordered on psn for goro. Wake up this morning and still not downloaded. 30/35 GB. Psn asks me to pay for game and wants a higher price. Wat?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Won't get home until about half 10 tonight and have to be up early tomorrow morning for an early meeting.

I wanted my thumbs and eyes to be bleeding tomorrow from a whole evening playing MKX. Will barely get any time with it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah Lads.....you can buy DLC that enables easy fatalities :(

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/04/14/video-games-2015

bh3xkxyy7opuulbsif5h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

This is €55.99 in Argos on both PS4 and Xbox One, loads in stock everywhere except Ilac Centre in Dublin on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah Lads.....you can buy DLC that enables easy fatalities :(

Depressing... Kotaku's headline on that summed it up.

Video Games, 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Having to buy fighters and costumes has been the norm for a while now with fighting games such as Marvel vs Capcom, think the WWE games also went this way too, but charging to make the game easier is stupid.

I remember buying the C&VG mag to get the fatalities moves list for Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 also remember buying the same mag for the babalities moves list which were damn near impossible to pull off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

the running joke for SF players is eventually special moves will be dlc.......joke got a lot less funny

Having to buy fighters and costumes has been the norm for a while now with fighting games such as Marvel vs Capcom, think the WWE games also went this way too, but charging to make the game easier is stupid.

I remember buying the C&VG mag to get the fatalities moves list for Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 also remember buying the same mag for the babalities moves list which were damn near impossible to pull off.

I remember buying it to get the code for MK Trilogy that let you watch every one of the fatalities, used to be the in thing to watch at parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fundlebundle

Does this have co-op? I just realised there was no mention of coop during any previews. The best part of mk9 was tagging in another player

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Does this have co-op? I just realised there was no mention of coop during any previews. The best part of mk9 was tagging in another player

How do you do co-op in a 1v1 beat em up? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Think he means the tag matches. Pick two fighters and swap between them during the fight.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

the running joke for SF players is eventually special moves will be dlc.......joke got a lot less funny

The more hardcore and competitive SF players don't have an issue with DLC, they actually die a little inside every time they read some online wise guy posting "I think I'll wait for Ultra Hyper Omega Super Street Fighter X Challenge Alpha EX Special Edition 4 version of the game, LOL!"

Casual players do have issues with DLC of course but they have issues with DLC for any game. Overall the DLC for SF series has been handled quite while.

I don't mind the easy fatalities and krypt unlocks DLC, it an optional shortcut, everything you buy via these DLC can be unlocked for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So i bought this in a shop, on PC, thinking that i wouldn't have to wait ages for it download. No. It installed the base part of the game, can do 1v1 matches, meanwhile everything else is downloading, including the story mode. What was the point of buying a physical copy if i still have to download it!!!! And it's downloading in parts, usually around 800mb at a time, with no indication of how many more parts there is!!!

Edit: Just saw, i've 11 of 29 parts downloaded... Last time i buy a physical copy of a PC game...

So i bought this in a shop, on PC, thinking that i wouldn't have to wait ages for it download. No. It installed the base part of the game, can do 1v1 matches, meanwhile everything else is downloading, including the story mode. What was the point of buying a physical copy if i still have to download it!!!! And it's downloading in parts, usually around 800mb at a time, with no indication of how many more parts there is!!!

Edit: Just saw, i've 11 of 29 parts downloaded... Last time i buy a physical copy of a PC game...
    I got it on PC from greenmangaming and having the same issue, its installing the game in segments. Why? I have no idea, can't control what components you want to install anyway so you'll only end up installing all of it! its 20gigs, a 1/3th of what GTA is lol. Bit of a joke... why not just let us preload?

I'm onto the last segment, 10gb!!! And i'd imagine that's the story mode. I even went to try a 1v1 match, and Scorpion and Sub-Zero hadn't downloaded yet!!! If this is the future of how installs work, they can fook off!

I'm onto the last segment, 10gb!!! And i'd imagine that's the story mode. I even went to try a 1v1 match, and Scorpion and Sub-Zero hadn't downloaded yet!!! If this is the future of how installs work, they can fook off!

Its getting to be pretty standard now.

Xenji wrote: »

This is the first time i've come across it. But, to be fair, this is the first physical copy of a PC game i've bought in years!

Edit: And now that it's all finally downloaded, there are issues, the biggest one being no story mode, but also no access to Scorption, Sub-Zero, Shinnock and Goro! Fook sake like. And people wonder why people stick to consoles...

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    First time I've seen it too. What other games have had it?

It might make sense if it allowed you to be selective in what you wanted to install first to allow you to jump straight into multi-player or the story mode but it seems to be all or nothing and they are labeled as "Mortal Kombat Install XX" anyway so you have no idea what to pick anyway.
    This is the first time i've come across it. But, to be fair, this is the first physical copy of a PC game i've bought in years!

Edit: And now that it's all finally downloaded, there are issues, the biggest one being no story mode, but also no access to Scorption, Sub-Zero, Shinnock and Goro! Fook sake like. And people wonder why people stick to consoles...

Blasphemy!

Advertisement