Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    First time I've seen it too. What other games have had it?

It might make sense if it allowed you to be selective in what you wanted to install first to allow you to jump straight into multi-player or the story mode but it seems to be all or nothing and they are labeled as "Mortal Kombat Install XX" anyway so you have no idea what to pick anyway.

Blasphemy!

All of the PS4 and Xbox One games operate like this, both physical and download. For example Injustice on the PS4 will let you play versus mode from about 40-60 seconds into the disc installation, but won't let you play Story mode until the installation is complete.

First time I've seen it for a PC game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Just noticed, if you attempt to play with a few of those install packs completed, some of the options will become available.
    For example, a one-on-one fight. Likewise, some of the characters will also become available but no stages yet and if you continue and try and play it just crashes. I assume that once it has enough for a fight it would actually run, but without telling you what each of these packs are what was the point?

Thats some top quality software testing right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well i still didn't have Sub Zero, Scorpion, Shinnock or Goro, nor any online or story mode, and it was on the last install (which is 10gb). But, once it was all installed, everyone was having issues i believe, and the main one was story still not being available.

However, it was working today, and it's gonna take ages to learn someones moves, a lot of them have changed from the old standard of how special attacks are done. Also, i can already pick out the characters who are going to be a pain in the hole to fight if someone has their moves list learned.

Story is interesting, but i'm not sure i'm getting it all. For example, when you play as Takeda
    you appear to have been trained up by Hanzo Hasashi, but going by the previous missions he was evil at the start and appeared to still be evil 20 years later.
    Maybe i just haven't come across that part yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Well i still didn't have Sub Zero, Scorpion, Shinnock or Goro, nor any online or story mode, and it was on the last install (which is 10gb). But, once it was all installed, everyone was having issues i believe, and the main one was story still not being available.

However, it was working today, and it's gonna take ages to learn someones moves, a lot of them have changed from the old standard of how special attacks are done. Also, i can already pick out the characters who are going to be a pain in the hole to fight if someone has their moves list learned.

Story is interesting, but i'm not sure i'm getting it all. For example, when you play as Takeda
    you appear to have been trained up by Hanzo Hasashi, but going by the previous missions he was evil at the start and appeared to still be evil 20 years later.
    I think you're confused about Sonya's flashback. He was evil at the start of the game. 5 years after that (the flashback in Sonya's chapter), he was cured when they beat Quan Chi. Start of game (SOG) - Evil
    SOG+5 - Cured of evil in Sonyas flashback.
    SOG+25 - Current events. Good.

make sure you restart your steam client. I don't have it fully downloaded yet but I can see all 29 install packs. Can pick all characters it seems and play on a few stages in one-on-one fights.

Odd install aside, when it runs its great craic and looks unreal :)
    Slicing peoples face off as scorpion never gets old!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey guys, I saw on the bargain alerts forum that MKX is €20 on PC, but I've been told it's really janky. Anyone confirm/deny the PC version? Just wondering about offline play atm (i.e. story mode and PvP)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So I bought the premium edition on the US ps store and being playing the game so far on my main European account.

I cannot access any of the add on content I payed for on either account it won't let me download it!

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

So I bought the premium edition on the US ps store and being playing the game so far on my main European account.

I cannot access any of the add on content I payed for on either account it won't let me download it!

Any ideas?

You have to download the dlc from the US store, using your US account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Any ideas?
    Is it in the download list?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hey guys, I saw on the bargain alerts forum that MKX is €20 on PC, but I've been told it's really janky. Anyone confirm/deny the PC version? Just wondering about offline play atm (i.e. story mode and PvP)
    I have been playing the PC version and its running perfectly anyway, haven't tried the storymode yet just offline 1-on-1 fights on various stages/different characters.
    The intro/x-rays/fatalities go down to 30fps but the fights have been at a constant 60fps for me.

Playing with everything on ultra at 1440p with no AA, using a 780ti, i7 4770k and 16gig off an SSD.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Having to buy fighters and costumes has been the norm for a while now with fighting games such as Marvel vs Capcom, think the WWE games also went this way too, but charging to make the game easier is stupid.

I remember buying the C&VG mag to get the fatalities moves list for Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 also remember buying the same mag for the babalities moves list which were damn near impossible to pull off.
    the running joke for SF players is eventually special moves will be dlc.......joke got a lot less funny

Just to be perfectly clear, and as over priced and crappy as the character situation is, there's no pay to win in MKX. The competitive players really would be up in arms if there were (instead MKX has been quite warmly received by them so far).

If someone wants to pay for easy fatalities instead of taking the 2 seconds to learn to do them, that's fine, it doesn't change anything for anyone else. Especially if it eventually leads to rebalances/ more content.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

If someone wants to pay for easy fatalities instead of taking the 2 seconds to learn to do them, that's fine, it doesn't change anything for anyone else. Especially if it eventually leads to rebalances/ more content.
    Yep I can't see why anyone would complain about this given that I was able to learn how to do two different fatalities in 30 seconds and I'm retarded at fighting games. If someone wants to pay €5 to do 30 fatalities let them off. Easy money for the Dev's.

On another note I'm using a wired XboX controller, should I be using the analog stick or the good old D pad for this? I think the D-pad is easier?

D-pad
    but the D-pad on the 360 controller is shocking! The xbox one controller made a massive improvement here.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Is it in the download list?

It comes up in the list but won't download. Gives me an error this is on my us login as well.

On another note I'm using a wired XboX controller, should I be using the analog stick or the good old D pad for this? I think the D-pad is easier?

It's going to sound like a smart arse answer but: Whatever you feel more comfortable with :)

People see me using an arcade stick at tournaments and get the impression that must be THE way to play fighting games. It's not: It's just what I grew up with. 2 of the three best Irish Street Fighter players use pads.

General wisdom says D pad is better as mentioned above, but the 360 pad is quite poo. So whatever one works for you, use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

I have been playing the PC version and its running perfectly anyway, haven't tried the storymode yet just offline 1-on-1 fights on various stages/different characters.
    The intro/x-rays/fatalities go down to 30fps but the fights have been at a constant 60fps for me.

Playing with everything on ultra at 1440p with no AA, using a 780ti, i7 4770k and 16gig off an SSD.

I'm playing with similar set up, 1440p, 32GB ram, 780ti, only I'm running it from HDD and my processor is AMD FX-8350 and it runs really badly. Really inconsistent frame rates, 60fps, 30fps, 20fps. Barely playable, and the menus basically don't work for me.

I'll have to play around with it some more, but I should be able to play at 60fps without issue.

You should definitely be able to!
    Stating in the obvious but ...drivers all up to date and everything?

I would like to think that the different CPUs here count for little and once its loaded SSD vs HDD makes no difference, at least for this type of game. I have everything turned on/highest expect AA, left that off.

I am using Windows 8.1 as well but, unlikely to be the cause of your problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Keep nipping in here to hear about how the game is, you're all still on about installing files and updates and FPS :P

Is the premium content on the ps4 version available to everyone yet?

I have the game running on my us account now went into playstation store threw the game went to kombat pack pressed download and it says no content was found?

OK just found more info on this it appears it's not fully available yet as characters haven't been released the first one will be next week! But wait they said this was day 1 dlc........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

You should definitely be able to!
    Stating in the obvious but ...drivers all up to date and everything?

I would like to think that the different CPUs here count for little and once its loaded SSD vs HDD makes no difference, at least for this type of game. I have everything turned on/highest expect AA, left that off.

I am using Windows 8.1 as well but, unlikely to be the cause of your problems.

Yup to all of that. Really don't know whats going on, this game and my computer are not liking each other for whatever reason!

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Keep nipping in here to hear about how the game is, you're all still on about installing files and updates and FPS :P

I'll tell you about it the next time we're raiding on Destiny, can't do it tomorrow night though as I'm going to the Japanese Film Festival. Got the PS4 version, thankfully it supports my PS3 fight stick but I usually use a pad with MK.

It is playing great on the PS4, graphics are very well done, loads of different modes, the Krypt is fun and having 3 move variations for all the characters keeps the game fresh, miss Kabal and Smoke though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Xenji wrote: »
    It is playing great on the PS4, graphics are very well done, loads of different modes, the Krypt is fun and having 3 move variations for all the characters keeps the game fresh, miss Kabal and Smoke though :(

he's in the faction kill....remain hopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

That is an indicator of how the game is, though ;)

anyway http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057219381&page=18

The people who aren't stuck there are playing in a tournament tomorrow, I'm streaming it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Clankatron

The game is great, the story is arse.

Clankatron wrote: »
    The game is great, the story is arse.

It has always been bad, but it actually adds to the enjoyment after nearly 21 various entries.

Xenji wrote: »
    It has always been bad, but it actually adds to the enjoyment after nearly 21 various entries.
    Its like watching a cheesy "its so bad its good" action movie though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

MKX for PC will be getting an update soon which will be smoother online experience and I'm sure dlc pack 2 will finally be winging it's way here.

• Advertisement

MKX for PC will be getting an update soon which will be smoother online experience and I'm sure dlc pack 2 will finally be winging it's way here.

Ot will got an email from WB a while back about XL being released on PC.

Advertisement