Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panel Beater

Options
  • 28-05-2014 9:49pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Looking for a panel beater in the city. Someone mid scale to repair a door and rear quarter panel.

Comments

Kieran Ryan in the Hebron Ind estate is top class. There's another garage also - near there in the ind estate - think it's called RM repairs and I've heard good reports of them too. And there's Bobby's crash repairs on the KK side of the Fox and Goose. He (Bobby)was the cheapest when I got quotes recently but I went for Kieran Ryan cos the insurance company I'm with deals directly with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭500sel

+1 for Kieran Ryans
    Just got my car back from there today, perfect repair and a good price for what I got done (scratches on a few panels and a ding on the drivers side)
    Have also used the other 2 mentioned in the past and their work was also spot on. Glad to see some trades still have pride in their work.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Thanks for the recommendations. Will give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

The Polish garage on Michael street beside Kilkenny Cycles.
    I got my car fixed there - dent on the bumper and scratches on the side panel. I was quoted €750 from Ryans - they did it for €200.
    Have sent a few friends there since and all work carried out is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

inthehat wrote: »
    Kieran Ryan in the Hebron Ind estate is top class. There's another garage also - near there in the ind estate - think it's called RM repairs and I've heard good reports of them too. And there's Bobby's crash repairs on the KK side of the Fox and Goose. He (Bobby)was the cheapest when I got quotes recently but I went for Kieran Ryan cos the insurance company I'm with deals directly with him.

:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

:eek::eek:

So, might be helpful if you added words, for reading, to explain your feelings, that you emoted.

Kieran Ryan fixed a jeep for me 3/4 years ago. Light damage done by another road user. I had to get the car fixed quickly so went with the insurance companies Prefered(cheapo) panel beaters.he made a complete bo**ix of the car. It was never right. I would run a mile from that place and encourage any one else to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭500sel

Seems unusual that such a long standing business would do such a bad job on a "light damage" repair. In what way was it never right? It is also the first time I have ever heard of him being called "cheapo" .:P

500sel wrote: »
    Seems unusual that such a long standing business would do such a bad job on a "light damage" repair. In what way was it never right? It is also the first time I have ever heard of him being called "cheapo" .:P

Well in my opinion he made a hames of the car,and I mean cheapo for the Ins companies to get the work from them as their "preferred body shop"

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭colcatscar

Try Mick Dalton. He is just behind the old Hickeys Plant Hire place on the Callan Road at Shellumsrath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 gerryfitz

Hi---ihave a vw passat and rust spots showing on both wheel arches at the front of the ca
    i want to get it repaired ---would any one advise on the cost approx
    would 300 eu be about right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Anyone aware of a panel beater / auto repair premises near Lenehan's pub?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Anyone aware of a panel beater / auto repair premises near Lenehan's pub?

There used to be s place beside three rivers there. Not sure if it's still there, it could be gone years.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement