Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uk salary paid into irish bank account

Options
  • 28-05-2014 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just got a job working month on month off in the uk, i won't be living in the uk i'll just fly over for the month then fly back to ireland for my time off, i looked into opening a uk bank account but it seems very difficult as i won't be living there,

Is it possible to get my salary paid into an irish bank account? if so what kind of charges/exchange rate would i be hit with?

I will ask the company about it but just waiting on my contract before i bring it up with them,

Any help would be appriecated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes, you can.

Charges will vary from bank to bank (or your employer may opt pay all charges when sending the payment..that's up to them) and the exchange rate will obviously be different on a day to day basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pablo82

You should be able to open one up with TSB and use a work address. I just used my passport to open my account up and they just took my address verbally. A few other banks refused

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

There could be considerable tax implications here. Suggest you speak to an accountant/tax advisor.

Advertisement