Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcoole Train Ticket Machine?

• 28-05-2014 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the train ticket machine officially scheduled to go in "Mid February ish"* has been installed?

If not then is the procedure still to buy a ticket in advance from Greystones or Wicklow town?

* I kid you not: http://www.irishrail.ie/travel-information/kilcoole

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

No, for stations that don't have facilities for purchasing tickets, you can get them either on the train or at the destination. The ticket machine has not yet been installed in Kilcoole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

fleet wrote: »
    Anyone know if the train ticket machine officially scheduled to go in "Mid February ish"* has been installed?

If not then is the procedure still to buy a ticket in advance from Greystones or Wicklow town?

* I kid you not: http://www.irishrail.ie/travel-information/kilcoole

Brilliant! Only in Ireland :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Will this machine accept cash? If it does, it will be a miracle if it's not robbed in such an isolated location - even the machine will be had for scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

jayobray wrote: »
    No, for stations that don't have facilities for purchasing tickets, you can get them either on the train or at the destination. The ticket machine has not yet been installed in Kilcoole

Nice one.

I'll pay the inspector.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tee2green

Sorry for being late on this- I was wondering does anybody know where to buy a monthly ticket for the 6.48am train from kilcoole to the City Centre and what the cost is? I tried checking the Iarnroid Eireann site and there is no info. Called also and the person at the end of the line said they would call me back when she found out but never did !! Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Ask on Twitter. They're always very helpful there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

tee2green wrote: »
    Sorry for being late on this- I was wondering does anybody know where to buy a monthly ticket for the 6.48am train from kilcoole to the City Centre and what the cost is? I tried checking the Iarnroid Eireann site and there is no info. Called also and the person at the end of the line said they would call me back when she found out but never did !! Thank you

Go to any Station they can do them at the ticket office doesnt have to be from that particular one.

Advertisement