Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

Options
  • 28-05-2014 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

I have just about moved into a place and the stuff the landlord has provided is scruffy and some of it such as the oven/hob is covered in grease and grime, can I call the landlord and tell them to take this gear away and just go out and buy my own stuff instead of it at my expense?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No tbh. You should have checked it all before you moved in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

You should have done this before you moved in.

When I moved into a rented property, I had already informed the LL that I had my own furniture so he moved his stuff into storage.

Asking him to move it now AND complaining that the oven is greasy is like shutting the door after the horse has bolted.

Advertisement