Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat X discussion thread

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

picked it up on steam for cheap...wow people weren't lying about the netcode

Try play one of the slower characters and try to wake up when lagging. It's really fun.

To be fair it's a lot better then it was at the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Merces

Anyone know when the 360/PS3 versions are being released? It's the only game I'm interested in getting this year but wiki is so vague on the release date.

Merces wrote: »
    Anyone know when the 360/PS3 versions are being released? It's the only game I'm interested in getting this year but wiki is so vague on the release date.

Well apparently the PS3/XBOX360 ports have been put back to Christmas. I suspect they will be cancelled. Last gen' is well and truly dead it seems. Still a whole decade was pretty damn good value considering most gens last 4-6 years. Time to invest in a PS4 this 'Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Apparently the PC version just received a patch to fix (among other things) an issue where using the letters K and L closed the chat window.

Hahaha, what?

Anyone know when the classic fatality pack is being released in the E.U.? The U.S. has had them for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

How are people finding Tremor?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

GodlessM wrote: »
    How are people finding Tremor?

good character I think but not for me

Can someone please explain to me how it makes sense for the person with the slower internet to have an advantage online in this game? Any time I go into a match with someone with less ping than me I end up being the one losing button strings and inputs to lag, even though it is their internet (this is when my ping registers as perfect). It is highly frustrating, and could easily put me off online in the long run. What's the point in learning combo strings and learning mix ups when they are seemingly impossible to pull off due to lag?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can someone please explain to me how it makes sense for the person with the slower internet to have an advantage online in this game? Any time I go into a match with someone with less ping than me I end up being the one losing button strings and inputs to lag, even though it is their internet (this is when my ping registers as perfect). It is highly frustrating, and could easily put me off online in the long run. What's the point in learning combo strings and learning mix ups when they are seemingly impossible to pull off due to lag?

Does it show a ping rating to the server for both players?

Does it show a ping rating to the server for both players?

no, just the ping, i e yours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So is it not just showing the ping between you and your opponent then? Not sure how it can definitely be blamed on the other person.

So is it not just showing the ping between you and your opponent then? Not sure how it can definitely be blamed on the other person.

In lobbies it shows everyone's individual ping in the stat bar. And I am not complaining about their ping (some people just have bad internet), just the way the online is set up to handle that. Maybe I am perceiving it wrong but it certainly seems that way.

Having a blast outside of that though. Are there many boardies online?

least shocking reveal revealed, new character dlc pack, 4 characters, un-named but Ima say

Rain, Sindell, Barakka, Smoke

I'd vote Noob over Smoke, simply because there is hidden programming in the game for Noob, and his fate after MK9 was uncertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Has anyone seen this? Where down forward 1 = spin. Only before it ends he can combo another 1 or 2 spins if he doesn't hit? I've seen this a few times, cant figure out how to do it and its wrecking my head!

Ed Boon possibly tweeting about changing of netcode to ggpo??

CYsn1GmUEAAo_iP.jpg

red_ice wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this? Where down forward 1 = spin. Only before it ends he can combo another 1 or 2 spins if he doesn't hit? I've seen this a few times, cant figure out how to do it and its wrecking my head!

Ex version on Tempest variant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Ed Boon possibly tweeting about changing of netcode to ggpo??

CYsn1GmUEAAo_iP.jpg

Yea, they seem to have some sort of netcode tweak that they think can eliminate latency.. They're releasing a BETA with 4/5 characters for people to test this one... the beta link isnt working for me atm tho. I just hope they decide to carry this over to PC and patch the **** out of it. Because right now im getting stick of playing against sub zero. The guy has litterally zero frames to wait for after every attack.

Ex version on Tempest variant.

I've been trying to figure this out for a while... litterally 2 mins after I posted his i figured it out...

Its just hold 1... he can spin for about 3/4 seconds.

Advertisement