Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat X discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

the total cost for this game and dlc comes out to 122 dollars.......what a ****ing joke and im a mortal kombat fanboy :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sairus wrote: »

Man, if it was "pay €5 and be able to always use fatalities with one button press", I could understand. I wouldn't pay it, but I could understand.

€5 for just 30 easier fatalities? Well that's just beyond stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Apparently the game is unplayable on pc. I am just installing the 3 gb part now.

*update* yeah game is unplayable. Kicks you out of the game if you try to enter training mode. This play while it downloads idea was terrible.

Most fighting games on PC have been a disaster for some reason. MK, injustice and SF4U are all crap online on PC.

Game is great so far. Great craic. Variations is a good idea although some seem a bit tacked on. Adds so much depth to the roster.

Some of the character models at the end of matches are a bit dodgy. Sweat textures look like scales and the female characters look like a moose. Apart from that and the fact it feels a bit strange and floaty and not as snappy as mk9 to me but it's all good and I am sure I will adjust. X-rays all over the place as well as meter builds very fast. Hard to see them coming.

So much to learn. Combos are different and I keep looking for moves that are gone. No clue who to main. Just messing round getting used to it at the mo. Backgrounds are amazing.

I am thinking The miget throwing mofo is a bit of a dark horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Posted up some initial thoughts about Cassie. She's looking really good, low damage but very strong mixups

http://testyourmight.com/threads/cassie-cage-general-discussion.49904/#post-1656013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Wow..... and people had a go at Capcom for the SFxT Gems and DLC fiasco. :rolleyes:

At least this doesn't really add to the game but still, NRS are really taking the p here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Wow..... and people had a go at Capcom for the SFxT Gems and DLC fiasco. :rolleyes:

At least this doesn't really add to the game but still, NRS are really taking the p here.

Not really, just don't buy them, if people wanna pay for stuff like this that's their prerogative.

Its that simple.

Gems changed gameplay, easy fatalitys don't affect it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

k5mxi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Right, downloaded this for the laptop. I waited for all 29 packages to finish (stupid idea IMO) but there are still some things missing. Most notably story and multiplayer. Sub zero, Scorpion and Goro not there either but that doesn't bother me. Training mode works which is all I really want for now.

Turned up all the settings and at first performance seemed pretty dodgy. I loaded it up again with fraps just out of interest and lo and behold I am now getting a steady 60FPS.

Starting the download for my desktop now to compare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

So MKX costs $60 standalone.
    The season pass Kombat Pack is $30.

The Premium Edition includes both the Kombat Pack and MKX for $90.
    What exactly is the point of buying that?

Premium doesn't even ****ing include Goro ($5) or the Blue Steel Sub Zero Costume ($2), the Krypt Unlock Key ($20) or any Easy Fatality Koins ($1-$5). DLC in this game is a ****ing joke.

(Also, to clarify exactly how Easy Fatality Koins work - you can earn EFKs in game and then spend them to do Fatalities by holding a shoulder button and pushing a face button. There's a limited amount in game, so you can buy more of them for real money.)

• Advertisement

Well I pre ordered the premium edition for €56 so I'm happy:D And as of today you can get premium edition steam keys for €30.

I don't understand why everyone is so upset. You either want the game and pay the money or you don't. This is just the way it is now; every other major release is the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Oh ****. I assumed you unlock the easy fatality with a koin and it stays unlocked. Didn't realise you spent them per execution. That's funny as ****. Besides the fatalities are easy as is. 4 directional inputs and a button. See no point for anyone to buy them, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

so the pc version of the game has major fps issues. Even after installing the full game it is still unplayable. Hopefully this is fixed this week. Or i may have to buy a ps4 to play this game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/32ncc2/meta_mkx_on_pc_problem_thread/

On the other hand the krypt is really fun.

so the pc version of the game has major fps issues. Even after installing the full game it is still unplayable. Hopefully this is fixed this week. Or i may have to buy a ps4 to play this game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/32ncc2/meta_mkx_on_pc_problem_thread/

On the other hand the krypt is really fun.

Same here in the beginning, but now the FPS seems to have sorted itself. There was a patch this morning that may have done something.

PC netcode is pretty rough though. Although it could just be people with horrible rigs? Out of the matches I played today it was about 50/50 for lag.

How's the PS4 online I wonder? If it's a bit more consistent I might buy it for the weekend.

Agreed about the krypt, they really did a great job on it! Almost like a little adventure game in itself.

Just finished the story. It was good, and really well done. But have to say I'm a bit disappointed. MK9's story mode was much better.

Wow story mode ends abruptly! A lot more questions than answers.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Same here in the beginning, but now the FPS seems to have sorted itself. There was a patch this morning that may have done something.

PC netcode is pretty rough though. Although it could just be people with horrible rigs? Out of the matches I played today it was about 50/50 for lag.

How's the PS4 online I wonder? If it's a bit more consistent I might buy it for the weekend.

Agreed about the krypt, they really did a great job on it! Almost like a little adventure game in itself.

It works well on ps4. Very active at the mo and good games to be had in player rooms. Plenty of UK and Ireland players. If you get it for PS4 then add me. PSN Forest_Demon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I'm awaiting the Bush review before I play it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Answers are €9.99 please.

I somewhat disagree. I don't think that much happened in the story that needs immediate answers. Would rather they left some things ambiguous for the next game.

My main criticism of the story is
    there wasn't nearly enough Outworld stuff. Would have loved to have had maybe another two chapters, maybe one for Mileena and Erron Black. Perhaps even one for Ermac. Some of the new characters like Erron Black and Ferra/Torr had nothing to do in the story, and I think suffered for it. I think you even only fought Ferra/Torr twice. A few earlier chapters showing more of the war between Mileena and Kotal Kahn would have really elevated it. It really felt like the new Outworld characters were treated as an afterthought to the new Earthrealm ones.

Plus there were too many "Fight person A, then B, then C, all on the same stage" with little to no interaction or reason other than the fact they're there. Felt like MK9 had more unique interactions and reasons for some of the fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

PPC wrote: »
    I'm awaiting the Bush review before I play it

"Game is poo" - Bush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Anyone get their PS3 stick working on PS4?

I tried with my Qanba Q4 but the system detects it as wireless so I think I'm boned.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

my ps360+ board works, haven't got the original board so can't test that :<

Anyone get their PS3 stick working on PS4?

I tried with my Qanba Q4 but the system detects it as wireless so I think I'm boned.

Try this?

"I have a Q4 too and at first it wouldn't detect it, but then i hit the "default" option in "custom 1" controls, and it worked after that."

Try this?

"I have a Q4 too and at first it wouldn't detect it, but then i hit the "default" option in "custom 1" controls, and it worked after that."

Cheers Sai but it didn't work:(

Looks like a new stick is on the horizon for me.

Cheers Sai but it didn't work:(

Looks like a new stick is on the horizon for me.

It's odd that it's not working. I haven't really heard anyone else complaining about issues with Qanbas :/

I'm using it through the cronusmax at the moment. It's a bit awkward because I have to leave it plugged in to the PC at the same time to avoid the re-authentication lockout every 10 mins. But it'll keep me going for a couple weeks until I can source a new stick. Gonna need one for SF4 anyway.

Played a good few matches online PS4 yesterday. Overall it was a lot smoother than PC. Only 1 match had bad lag. Graphics took a big hit though; I was surprised even.

I hear the new PC patch has wrecked things even more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,917 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Are any of ye using fightstick type contraptions? Or do you get used to the Xbox one controller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Advertisement