Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Tour of - help

• 28-05-2014 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Ireland (ooppss)

Hello!
    Rightio. First of all Im Irish, but I've no clue about most of Ireland (except mid-west/west region). Now's my chance!

A friend of mine (non-Irish) is coming here on 7th July for 6/7 days.

She is flying into Dublin. And basically has given me licence to be the "trip organiser". I'm winging it at the moment (naming places and things) but no actual plan.

I have a car. So essentially we will be going on a road trip.

Am thinking the following (here is where I need help as I havent a clue):
    Day 1: She arrives 7th July afternoon. See Dublin (tour bus etc(. Stay in Dublin for the night (no idea where-wouldnt mind a hostel. But Ive to think of the car also).

Day 2: Head towards Belfast. Possibly take in Newgrange. Then up to Belfast. Stay night in Belfast (again, accomodation, no idea. But again, not fussy as long as car is ok).

Day 3: Head off to see Giant Cause way (this is the thing I most want to see). And the Harp bridge (I think its called this). Day 3 evening, not sure where to stay for the night.

(I was told yesterday I should be careful because its marching season in the North....is there truth to this? I know March is on 12th July).

Day 4: Off to Donegal. Then onto Sligo/Mayo/Connemara/Burren hopefully. And then she flies out Tuesday 15th Morning (and me back to work that day), so would have to get her back to Dublin for the evening of the 14th.

Also, any particular good road map(s) I could get (me and sat navs dont work well together). I admit am particularly bad at navigation.

Any help/suggestions/ideas, fire away, and would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Ireland (ooppss)

Hello!
    Rightio. First of all Im Irish, but I've no clue about most of Ireland (except mid-west/west region). Now's my chance!

A friend of mine (non-Irish) is coming here on 7th July for 6/7 days.

She is flying into Dublin. And basically has given me licence to be the "trip organiser". I'm winging it at the moment (naming places and things) but no actual plan.

I have a car. So essentially we will be going on a road trip.

Am thinking the following (here is where I need help as I havent a clue):
    Day 1: She arrives 7th July afternoon. See Dublin (tour bus etc(. Stay in Dublin for the night (no idea where-wouldnt mind a hostel. But Ive to think of the car also).

Day 2: Head towards Belfast. Possibly take in Newgrange. Then up to Belfast. Stay night in Belfast (again, accomodation, no idea. But again, not fussy as long as car is ok).

Day 3: Head off to see Giant Cause way (this is the thing I most want to see). And the Harp bridge (I think its called this). Day 3 evening, not sure where to stay for the night.

(I was told yesterday I should be careful because its marching season in the North....is there truth to this? I know March is on 12th July).

Day 4: Off to Donegal. Then onto Sligo/Mayo/Connemara/Burren hopefully. And then she flies out Tuesday 15th Morning (and me back to work that day), so would have to get her back to Dublin for the evening of the 14th.

Also, any particular good road map(s) I could get (me and sat navs dont work well together). I admit am particularly bad at navigation.

Any help/suggestions/ideas, fire away, and would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Look at something like the Paddywagon website to give you an idea of itineraries. Does your friend have any input to the trip and where she wants to go? You need more than an afternoon for Dublin plus she'll be tired.
    Westport is good for a stop along the way in that area - plenty of hostels.

Advertisement