Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BQ or Bust!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Mon 16 Mar

50 mins easy 5.1 mi (8.2 km)

Usually take Mondays off but headed out for another few easy miles with the Mrs.

Tue 17 Mar

Easy 5.3 mi (8.5 km)

Nice to stretch the legs after driving back to Dublin. Foggy night on the seafront - felt more like October than March!

Will probably run the Omagh HM the week after next so no hard sessions between now and then, I think. In aul lad recovery mode.

WTD: 10 (17 kms)
    MTD: 101 (162 kms)
    YTD: 379 (610 kms)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Murph_D wrote: »
    Mon 16 Mar

50 mins easy 5.1 mi (8.2 km)

Usually take Mondays off but headed out for another few easy miles with the Mrs.

Tue 17 Mar

Easy 5.3 mi (8.5 km)

Nice to stretch the legs after driving back to Dublin. Foggy night on the seafront - felt more like October than March!

Will probably run the Omagh HM the week after next so no hard sessions between now and then, I think. In aul lad recovery mode.

WTD: 10 (17 kms)
    MTD: 101 (162 kms)
    YTD: 379 (610 kms)

Sounds like slacking off to me....;)

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Sounds like slacking off to me....;)

Haha, maybe it is. I DO have a 20 mile long run at the weekend, does that count? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Haha, maybe it is. I DO have a 20 mile long run at the weekend, does that count? :)

I suppose...if you throw in a few MP , HMP, 10k, 5k and 3k miles....followed by some hill sprints :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Omagh half - am jealous, enjoy :)

• Advertisement

Runchick wrote: »
    Omagh half - am jealous, enjoy :)

Not too late to enter! ;)

Wed 18 Mar

60 mins easy 6.7 mi (10.8 km)

A beautiful day outside but I somehow contrived to do this on the treadmill, on the basis that the muggy indoor conditions might simulate a potentially hot June day in Cork. This is probably what yaboya1 would call a CRT (Crackpot Running Theory). :pac:

Thu 19 Mar

Club session: 2x15mins hard (3 mins jog recovery)

Having decided the other day no hard sessions this week I jogged over to Irishtown assuming someone would be doing an easy run. Got talking to a few guys who were about to do the above session and ended up tagging along, running around the Clanna Gael pitches. Quickly got left behind and ran most of the first 15 mins on my own, managing just about 7:15/mi pace (4:30/km). Was pretty hosed by then, I have to admit. Was joined by one of the other lads for the second half and took it a lot handier at 8:00 (4:58). Enjoyed the session despite (a) doing what I said I wouldn't do, and (b) making a hames of it anyway. Cooled down with a jog home, bringing total to 10 miles (16.1 km).

WTD: 27 (44 kms)
    MTD: 117 (189 kms)
    YTD: 396 (637 kms)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Nice. What happened to auld man recovery mode Papa Murph :)

TbL

Sat 21 Mar

MP 3.1 mi (5 km)

Arrived at St. Anne's parkrun a minute or so after the start and tried to run MP by feel. Splits a bit uneven but the average was bang on and it was fun working my way through the field all the way up to 127th place. :)

Sat 21 Mar

LSR 20 miles @ 8:57 (32.2 km @ 5:34)

Lovely run around the Ards Peninsula in Co. Down. Planned a course on Garmin website and uploaded it to watch. First time doing this and it worked a treat. (First time also wearing glasses on a run so I could read the watch. That was a success too - much more comfortable than I expected.) Busy enough rural roads here so had to keep my wits about me. Good to have a 20 miler in the bag.

WTD: 50 (81 kms)
    MTD: 140 (226 kms)
    YTD: 419 (675 kms)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Really struggling to keep up to date with everyone lately. Only seeing your 10m time now.
    Super stuff. Keep it up.
    What's the target for Cork?

• Advertisement

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Really struggling to keep up to date with everyone lately. Only seeing your 10m time now.
    Super stuff. Keep it up.
    What's the target for Cork?

Not sure yet - sub 3:30 anyway. Will decide later by how much. Putting in some great sessions yourself these days. Did you join the club out there yet?

Not sure yet - sub 3:30 anyway. Will decide later by how much. Putting in some great sessions yourself these days. Did you join the club out there yet?

Thanks.
    Haven't joined anywhere yet, but I'm thinking Crusaders might actually be more suitable since I'd make the sessions there far more easily straight after work.

Great thinking! :)

The plan calls for a step back week. i.e. this:

Monday|Tuesday|Wednesday| Thursday| Friday| Saturday| Sunday| Total Mileage
    Easy/rest| Easy/rest| 8 miles including 4 @ HMP |recovery |Easy/rest| Easy/rest|14 miles easy| 30-35 miles

but with an option to skip the Weds session if doing a race at the weekend. So this week I really will take it easy, especially after last week's relatively high miles, and that coming off the back of a race the previous week. Realistically, I probably shouldn't be doing a HM at all next Sat. but sure I'm all signed up, and so is the missus for the concurrent 5k event.

But despite 2 races in quick succession I haven't deviated all that much from the plan. From now on I'll be sticking to it faithfully, so after this week, no more racing until the end of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

See ye Saturday!
    What time are you planning for?

Hi, J. I'll be happy with 1:39:xx. Plan is to just run 4:40/km pace from the off and try to hold it all the way. I think you'll be a good few minutes up the road!

D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Hi, J. I'll be happy with 1:39:xx. Plan is to just run 4:40/km pace from the off and try to hold it all the way. I think you'll be a good few minutes up the road!

D

I'm going to aim for sub 1:35, so not that far up the road, although I certainly hope I don't see you overtake me in the second half of the race!!:cool:

Mon 23 Mar

Rest. Feeling tired.

Tue 24 Mar

More rest. Meant to have a swim but forgot my gym swipe so didn't bother. Feeling a bit iffy.

Wed 25 Mar

5.9 mi easy (9.5 km)

Absolutely horrible run. Legs totally dead and I had a stitch for nearly the whole thing, probably because of absent-mindedly drinking too much water at my desk in the couple of hours before going out. Tried to practice belly breathing to get rid of it but it kept coming back. Totally unenjoyable and the only good thing was the hot shower afterwards. Strangely enough though the legs are feeling pretty good a couple of hours later.

WTD: 6 (9 kms)
    MTD: 146 (235 kms)
    YTD: 425 (684 kms)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Keep an eye on yourself, hopefully as you said its just tiredness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Good luck tomorrow D, another 3.1 miles at 7.30 pace no bother to you.

• Advertisement

Thanks, B, sounds easy in theory :) Maybe a tad slower to avoid the stitch this time. Weather forecast not great, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Thanks, B, sounds easy in theory :) Maybe a tad slower to avoid the stitch this time. Weather forecast not great, unfortunately.

Jaysus, you just can't help yourself, you and your sandbagging :P

Best of luck. ENJOY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Best of luck, hope you get the sub 100 mins!

FBOT01 wrote: »

Best of luck. ENJOY!!

Did I mention the uphill finish and the strong wind? :D

Sandbagging or no, my number is 99:08.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Good luck in Omagh to yourself and Anna! Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

G'luck tomorrow Pops.

TbL

Good luck tomorrow Murph

Thu 26 Mar

> 30 mins easy 3.4 mi (5.5 km)

Out first thing in the morning to try to dispell the horror of yesterday's run. Feeling much better today and all was perfectly normal.

Fri 27 Mar

2 mi easy with 500m @ HMP

Couple of easy miles on the treadmill to keep the legs turning over. Bumped it up to HMP to get a feel for tomorrow's pace, but only for a few minutes. To me, treadmill running always feels much faster than the equivalent pace in the real world, so hopefully 4:40/km will feel a lot easier tomorrow.

WTD: 11 (18 kms)
    MTD: 152 (244 kms)
    YTD: 431 (693 kms)

tang1 wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow D, another 3.1 miles at 7.30 pace no bother to you.
    Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Best of luck, hope you get the sub 100 mins!
    FBOT01 wrote: »
    Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Good luck in Omagh to yourself and Anna! Enjoy
    G'luck tomorrow Pops.
    yaboya1 wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow Murph

Thank ye all. Looking forward to it, as always. It's a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

All the best tomorrow D!

Advertisement