Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BQ or Bust!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Best of luck tomorrow D. You've a great training block behind you & now it's time to cash in - enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Ed Mc

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Best of luck tomorrow Murph. Our targets are not too far apart so who knows I may see you at the end, if you hang around for a bit :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Go smash it up tomorrow Murph. Hope all goes according to plan and the weather plays ball. Sorry you had to get the bus home yesterday on my account :o. I didn't go quietly if that's any consolation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Best of luck tomorrow Murph - time to cash in on the training! Enjoy it... cork is a great race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

All the best for tomorrow auld lad.

I was hoping I'd meet you down there, we'll have to hook up for a running date soon.

Say hi to Amber for me. :)

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Best of luck Murph. If it's blowing a gale remember to tuck in going into the wind and get it on your back going the other way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Good luck tomorrow D! I can't believe herself made you make your own way home yesterday, on marathon weekend and everything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Best of luck D, grab a pb, but most of all enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Have a great race, all the very best. The training was great so just weather now needs to behave as I'm assured it's awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Hey Murph, really hope it all comes together for you tomorrow. You've put the work in, go reap the reward :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Thu 28 May

Rest.

Fri 29 May

~30 mins easy.

A few laps of Albert College Park once the killer hailshower stopped. Managed to stay dry.

Sat 30 May

~20 mins easy.

Joined annapr for a couple of gentle miles around the mean streets of Marino.

Sun 31 May

~ 15 mins easy.

A leisurely drive down to Cork, stopping off to visit some friends for lunch in Tipperary Town. Checked in to the hotel which couldn't be any closer to the the City Hall for Registration/Expo. (Expo is probably too grand a word, but there were a couple of stalls with the basics so if you'd managed to lose all your gear on the way down you'd be able to kit yourself out handy enough.) :)

Very impressed with the City Hall - beautiful building, friendly volunteers. Number pickup took seconds. Picked up a few gels and had a chat with one of the pacers. The mrs managed to lose her number by the time we got back to the hotel however so I left her to go back and sort that out while I went out for a little jog around the city centre. Pleasant, sunny, and windy. Forecast for tomorrow is poor so as meno suggests above it will be a case of trying to stay out of the wind as much as possible, except when it's behind!

Weather has pretty much made up my mind for me to go with the 3:30 pacers and shelter in the group. If the forecast is accurate the wind should be behind for the last few miles so if feeling good will strike out then and try to knock off a minute or two.

Thanks for all the good wishes! Really appreciated. See ye on the other side.

WTD: 17 mi (29 km)
    MTD: 168 (270)
    YTD: 799 (1,294)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Sounds like a good plan, Murph....ENJOY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

All the best Murph!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Congrats D - well executed plan. Smashing stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Great run in tough conditions, well done. Looking forward to the report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Well done D, fantastic running, very well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Brilliant D, well done. Am told that the weather is horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Very nicely done Sir! Can't wait to hear all about it!
    Now go drink Cork dry :D

Gosh ye are very well informed! :) Thanks!

3:29:16 chip time.

Didn't quite go according to plan but very happy with that. As for the Mrs, well at last someone else in the family can take the sandbagger title. It'll be even better when they sort out her chip time!

Report later. Drinking to do. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Super stuff Murph. Don't let the drinking get in the way of your report writing though !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Great news Murph! Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Ed Mc

Great stuff well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Well done Murph :D

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Brilliant run Murph well done. I'll think I may have been chatting to you around the 9/10 mile mark. Were you wearing a blue T shirt under a white singlet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Delighted!!! Well done! Happy drinking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Well done D super running enjoy the celebrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Brilliant D very well done, not that there was ever a doubt with the super training you've put in! Looking forward to your race report :)

dintbo wrote: »
    Brilliant run Murph well done. I'll think I may have been chatting to you around the 9/10 mile mark. Were you wearing a blue T shirt under a white singlet?

Ah yes that was me, I remember the chat. Well done yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Great job, well done!

Advertisement