Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BQ or Bust!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Best of luck Murph, have a great race!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

D,

Have an enjoyable, rewarding and maybe just a little bit painful trip. I really hope you have the run you deserve - not just 'cos of all of the good karma you've earned with your intelligent positivity on these forums, but also due to the incredibly consistent training and improvements you've had :)

Enjoy the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Expecting more great things from you D. Enjoy the experience and have a great run.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

Drive on Murph. Lovely city and might have a tip off it myself sometime.
    Best of luck with the target and be hoping u nail it as training has been very similar to yours so it will send good karma !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Best of luck Murph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mbarr

Good luck D, definitely deserve a great race :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

All the best, D! You're going to have an amazing time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Good luck D - give it socks and enjoy the day !

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

So off to Boston in the morning. I started this log two years ago with the coming few days in mind so it’s quite something that it’s finally happening. It’s provided a terrific focus since 25 May 2014, the first week of training for Berlin. So finally, 3,396 miles, 25 races and many other memorable moments later, I’m grateful to have the good fortune to be able to bring this particular journey to its conclusion.

The target is 3:19:xx. There isn't a B goal.

This is great. See you over there. Safe travels.

By the way, Mrs. Yifter reckons you're kidding yourself if you think there's some conclusion here - it's just the beginning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Have an absolutely brilliant race D! The hardest of the work is done now so enjoy reaping the rewards. Have a blast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭aero2k

Really looking forward to all the reports from this.

Best of luck on Monday D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Good luck Murph_D! :) Looking forward to reading the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

So off to Boston in the morning. I started this log two years ago with the coming few days in mind so it’s quite something that it’s finally happening. It’s provided a terrific focus since 25 May 2014, the first week of training for Berlin. So finally, 3,396 miles, 25 races and many other memorable moments later, I’m grateful to have the good fortune to be able to bring this particular journey to its conclusion.

I just welled up a teensy bit there :o

I am also going to shamelessly plagiarise Singers's good wishes too, couldn't have put it better myself.
    Have an enjoyable, rewarding and maybe just a little bit painful trip. I really hope you have the run you deserve - not just 'cos of all of the good karma you've earned with your intelligent positivity on these forums, but also due to the incredibly consistent training and improvements you've had

Ok and Ferris B's too: give it sox!! :D:D

You are going to have the best run of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

enjoy the race - you're right - its all leading to this, just dont let it get to you too much :)

Looking fwd to the report!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Well D. Its time to do your stuff. Hope you get the result you want. Enjoy....and of course grit your teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I'll be rooting for you on Monday, have a great race and enjoy the occasion

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Back in Black

Very best of luck and enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Very best of luck Murph, give it socks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I'm going for the record of how many times I can wish you good luck - GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! have a great race (I know you will) Enjoy it (not mandatory but preferable) bring home a PB (you will!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Best of luck out there Murph!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

D, the very best of luck on Monday. Your progress and training is so impressive to follow. Have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Hey Denis, best of luck tomorrow!
    You looked lean and in great form in poppintree two weeks ago so I'm sure it will go great for you!
    Just don't go lowering the bar too far and give the rest of us a decent chance of trying to catch you! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Give it socks and go get what you deserve

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Fri 15 Apr

No running. Boston bound. Visit to expo cut short by anxiety over lost passport. Luckily had driving license and could pick up the bib. Thankfully the passport had been found in hotel lobby. Dinner in hotel with Mr and Mrs McFBOT, and an early night.

Sat 16 Apr

Recovery 8.2k (5.1m)

Up before the larks after some fitful sleep. The four of us headed out for a few miles along the Charles River, which has excellent paths on both sides. Plenty of runners out, all of whom were given the friendly hello treatment. ;) Wandered around town for a while afterwards with A, looking for somewhere for breakfast. We were a bit early for the locals and had to settle for Starbucks, before a hobbit-like "second breakfast" shortly afterwards at Quincy Market. Some shopping and a lazy afternoon of napping before yaboya joined us all for another early dinner. Better night's sleep this time, although not as great as you'd hope for the night before the night before.

Sun 17 Apr

Recovery 3.8k (2.3m)

Hooked up with TAFKAQ for a personal tour of the last mile of the course, out past Fenway and back to the finish line. Terrific atmosphere on the streets - the marathon takes really over this town for the weekend, no doubt about it. You really get the sense that you are about to take part in something huge, the history of which is a source of great pride to Bostonians. Can't wait to get started now. The buildup has been a bit long but then again it's nice to have the extra day to acclimatise. Just the pre-race dinner now, hopefully followed by a decent night's kip, and it's showtime.

WTD: 33k (20m)
    MTD: 139 (86)
    YTD: 998 (620)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Hope you recovering well D after today and enjoying the beers, weather cruel today, enjoy rest of your trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Denis, well done! was delighted to see the smiling pics on FB :) enjoy those very well earned beers and the rest of the visit to Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Well done Denis.Gutsy performance in those conditions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Gutsy is right D, not what you wanted yesterday but you held it together well and toughed it out. Maybe we could run each other to sub 3.15 in DCM, we worked well together last time. Enjoy the rest of the trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Well done Denis, hope you enjoyed the experience. So with a bq and a b out of the way, what are you going to rename the log as?

Advertisement