Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BQ or Bust!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Brilliant, D ! Nailed it is right. And great to have such a strong finish. Have to agree about the new course. I wasn't in favour last year but the shortened drag up the avenue thanks to the detour towards the playground worked really well. Congrats on a great performance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Brilliant indeed, well done!!, you looked very comfortable on the green :)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

You had a nice PB glow about you afterwards ( or was that the PB pint:P)

Well done today. Suspect more good results to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Well done D, congrats on the PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Brilliant going D, delighted for you. A super result. You certainly didn't look comfortable when we saw you so you definitely worked for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Very well done D, the visit to the Goose didn't slow you any!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Murph_D wrote: »
    ....... so no time to light the cigar, had to leg it, passing a couple of age rivals in the finish straight (we'd been playing cat and mouse for a while, but I knew I could take them if it came down to the last 75). .............

I saw the video evidence to prove it too, D. The last guy you pipped before the line didn't look too happy.........Nice going :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

FBOT01 wrote: »
    I saw the video evidence to prove it too, D. The last guy you pipped before the line didn't look too happy.........Nice going :pac:

Ha - just found that! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭diego_b

Super improvement on your time there, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Super D, great PB. Well deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Great stuff D - you were delighted with yourself afterwards, and deservedly so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Great controlled run D and ya certainly nailed Mile 4 on that course. Congrats on that pb too.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

Congrats on the PB Murph_D nice report too

Operation Donadea Wk 11 of 12

Getting close now. This week there’s Sunday’s postponed long run to squeeze in somewhere, probably Tuesday, keeping it nice and easy. Then just follow the plan more or less faithfully for the last 10 days or so. At this stage, of course, the plan is only a guideline, as it has been pretty much since the beginning. But a template nevertheless, something to work through rather than work around. ;)

Mon 30 Jan

Plan: rest/cross.
    Actual: rest.

FBOT advised not to attempt the postponed 16 miler today. Sounds good. Busy at the coalface anyway. No running.

Tue 31 Jan

Plan: General aerobic 11k + strides
    Actual: 26.6k (16.5m) easy/recovery

Over to club for a sociable warmup then headed on out to Dun Laoghaire, turning at the West Pier and home. Tired during second half, left ankle a bit achey. Hopefully just some taper madness. :pac:

Closing out January at 316k (196m)

WTD: 27k (17m)
    MTD/YTD: 316 (196)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

That's some pb D, great race, don't go getting injured now take it handy for
    Couple days.

Week 11 of 12 cont.

Wed 1 Feb

Plan: VO2 3x1600 @ 5k pace (jog recovery 50-90% interval time)
    Actual: no running

Ankle a little stiff this morning so decided to take no chances. Also coming down with a cold. :rolleyes:

Thu 2 Feb

Plan: rest/cross
    Actual: rest

Fri 3 Feb

Plan: 8k Recovery+ strides
    Actual: nada

Cold still lingering.

Sat 4 Feb

Plan: rest
    Actual: rest

On the mend but not 100% so spent most of the day on the couch. Well enough to go out to dinner later then a few pints in the local where we were joined by laura_ac and her OH. Regaled with sickness stories that put my few sniffles in the ha’penny place. :D

Sun 5 Feb

Plan: LR 19k (12m)
    Actual: 11.5k (7.2m) easy/steady

After helping out at the inaugural St. Anne’s junior parkrun (what a success) I put in a couple of laps of the park. Felt awful on the first circuit at recovery pace, partly because I was overdressed. Stopped at the car and shed a layer, picked up to steady pace, which will be next week’s 50k pace, and felt a bit better. Uncomfortable run though, not helped by being a little hungover and dehydrated, but glad to get out at last, and no trouble from the ankle, which had been feeling a bit funny all week in classic taper style. Short on the miles this week (and last) but in the grand scheme of things it hopefully won’t make much difference.

WTD: 38k (24m)
    MTD: 12k (7m)
    YTD: 327 (203)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Hope you're coping well with the taper madness. Some great recent results, with another to come on Saturday fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Is that a road sweeper I see behind me ;)

TbL

Hope you're coping well with the taper madness. Some great recent results, with another to come on Saturday fingers crossed!

Thanks J. Taper wha? ;)

Is that a road sweeper I see behind me ;)

TbL

:confused:

This bogger humour is very mysterious indeed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

All the best Saturday, hope it goes to plan for you. Will be volunteering offering vocal support & encouragement on the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

+1, best of luck! Will be down supporting too for a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Best of luck D! I'm hoping to come along for a while (if I can convince the kids it'll be great fun!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Best of Luck Saturday D, have a great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Start. 50 left turns and 20 right turns. Finish.

Have fun and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

All the best Murph.

Hopefully you won't get swept up by the occasion :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Best of luck D, no chance of a heatwave tomorrow:). Have a great race!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Best of luck tomorrow mate, you're in great nick going into it......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Enjoy the run tomorrow D. The shelter of the forest at Donadea is a pretty good place to be for an event like this. Make it a good one.

• Advertisement

Operation Donadea Wk 12 of 12

Countdown time. Would’ve been nice to have another good long run in the bag but them’s the breaks. This week, just do what the plan says…

Mon 6 Feb

Plan: rest.
    Actual: rest.

Tue 7 Feb

Plan: ‘dress rehearsal’ 11k w/3k at MP
    Actual: 11k with 3 @ ~ 50k pace

Got a lift over to the club with BG and did several warmup laps with a clubmate or two. We have at least two very experienced ultra runners who both told me to take it very handy tonight. Took the advice, jogging home after a few more easy laps. Didn’t bother with the ‘dress rehearsal’ as I’m not sure yet what I’ll be wearing. :rolleyes:

Wed 8 Feb

Plan: rest/cross
    Actual: rest. A few press-ups. :)

Thu 9 Feb

Plan: 8k recovery+ strides
    Actual: what it said.

Felt good tonight. Thundered past RedRunner at the height of one set of strides with the wind at my back. Hope he was impressed. :pac:

Fri 10 Feb

Plan: 6k recovery
    Actual: 7k recovery

Chilly lunchtime run. FBOT joined me to make sure I didn't overdo it. Tried to stay off my feet the rest of the day.

So that's that. A Saturday marathon feels odd - kind of creeps up on you. Usually spend the weekend getting ready, so feels a bit odd getting gear ready and checking for gels and the likes in midweek. And cutting toenails the day before the race - I can feel the wrath of aquinn and AGYR already.

Anyway, away we go…

WTD: 26k (16m)
    MTD: 38k (23m)
    YTD: 353 (220)

Advertisement