Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticky header not sticky

Options
  • 28-05-2014 11:52pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

On my new laptop the sticky header on the site is not sticking to the top. It's still stuck on the old one but not the new.

In fact, i've just noticed that the header is missing completely on this post new thread page.

This only happens in Chrome from what I can see - not repro on IE.

Win 8.1

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Other weird things:

1. The header doesn't render at all
    2. The share and tweet buttons render in the wrong place.

Screenshot:

boardsbug.PNG

In terms of differences between only and new laptop the only thing i can think relevant is the resolution - the new one is 2560x1440. Are you guys doing something weird based on available screen size?

still happening me all the time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

touch screen on your laptop? boards have separate rules for touch screens which is a bit backward given touch screen devices can co-exist with mice and pointer input devices.

you can get around it in chrome writing your own css rules for it using greasemonkey or the equivalent. actually install chrome extension tampermonkey (tampermonky) and add this script by opening tampermonkeys dashboard and selecting new.
    // ==UserScript==
    // @name       boards sticky header
    // @namespace  http://use.i.E.your.homepage/
    // @version    0.1
    // @description  force sticky header on my touch screen laptop
    // @match      http://www.boards.ie/*
    // @copyright  2014+, Sully
    // ==/UserScript==

function addGlobalStyle(css) {
        var head, style;
        head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];
        if (!head) { return; }
        style = document.createElement('style');
        style.type = 'text/css';
        style.innerHTML = css;
        head.appendChild(style);
    }

addGlobalStyle('.nav-area { position: fixed !important; }');
    addGlobalStyle('#header { position: fixed !important; top:20px}');
    addGlobalStyle('#breadcrumb { position: fixed !important; top:85px}');
    addGlobalStyle('.homepage-container { padding-top: 80px; }');

click save then refresh boards. let me know if that works - works for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Any progress on this without having to run a script to fix it ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Any update on this? It's really annoying. I can't add the script on my work laptop, as they've disabled addons for some reason.

What's really weird, is if i log out of boards, the sticky header works exactly as it should.

Works fine on my home computer though.

• Advertisement

+1 again

This is wrecking my head. The greasemonkey workaround sort of works but isn't reliable.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement