Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bypassing pump possible?

• 29-05-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭

hey guys, live in an apartment, the pump comes on when any bathroom tap is opened or toilet flushed and for the hot water tap in the kitchen, an immersion heater, heats the water. The pump drives me insane!!! the pressure from the cold water feed for the kitchen tap is very good, is it possible to bypass that bloody pump? I think next door may have done it as it used to be very audible and I havent heard it in over a year, after new tenants moved in and I told them about what a bloody racket it made...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You could just plug it out / switch it off.
    Water will still pass through the pump to the taps and fill the toilet cistern albeit much more slowly.
    Just turn back on the power when you want to have a shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

K.Flyer wrote: »
    You could just plug it out / switch it off.
    Water will still pass through the pump to the taps and fill the toilet cistern albeit much more slowly.
    Just turn back on the power when you want to have a shower.

Or put a timer on the power for times that suit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

thanks guys, yeah I normally just turn the pump off, it is only needed for showers, still drives me mad in the morning though. Thanks for the suggestions :)

Advertisement