Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Crowley

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭lalababa

What does it matter?
    I don't follow any although I dislike some more than I dislike others.
    Brian Crowley failed to do his job and it was evident to the people years ago that he was not going to be in a position to do it. He failed!
    He did not however stand aside and let someone else replace him. He continued to take his salary and not do his work. He failed his constituents.
    Allowing him praise because he faced various health challenges does not mean he should not also be criticised for his failings.

The main job a polictian has in an idealised world is to represent their electorate. In the real world their main job is to get elected and reelected. So he did a freaking great job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Crowley doing an interview on finucane now. He has spent 3 And a half years in hospital apparently.

He’s spent the interview so far giving huge detail on his health problems.

Have the utmost sympathy for the man’s personal issues but I cannot for the life of me understand why he put himself forward for MEP when he had such ill health.

He should have stepped down years ago with his health problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He should have stepped down years ago with his health problems

It's a terrible amount of illness. Hope he improves and enjoys his retirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭elperello

TCM wrote: »
    Why would you want a temp when you are on full pay x 4 years. This dose'nt happen in real life.

A temporary replacement would help to improve the representation of constituents.

I don't think the amount of money involved would matter in the greater scheme of things.

Maybe it should happen in real life.It's about real inclusion of people with disability/mobility impairment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Imagine a teacher or nurse being out sick for almost 5 years.
    Would they be able to claim their full salary?

Would they like freck

• Advertisement

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Imagine a teacher or nurse being out sick for almost 5 years.
    Would they be able to claim their full salary?

Would they like freck

I was thinking more along the lines of it being an arrangement for people who enter the public service with an existing disability/mobility issue.
    We do have quotas to allow them to participate in the work force.It would just be giving an extra consideration if their health problems re-occur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

elperello wrote:
    A temporary replacement would help to improve the representation of constituents.

elperello wrote:
    I don't think the amount of money involved would matter in the greater scheme of things.

elperello wrote:
    Maybe it should happen in real life.It's about real inclusion of people with disability/mobility impairment.

Absolutely people with disabilities should have the same rights as non disabled people. However there are many of his constituents who are disabled ( and indeed not disabled) but don't have the luxury of retaining a job for 4 years while being on sick leave. I wish him well in his recovery, but does does not detract from my view that he is treated differently from the people whom you profess he represents.

TCM wrote: »
    Absolutely people with disabilities should have the same rights as non disabled people. However there are many of his constituents who are disabled ( and indeed not disabled) but don't have the luxury of retaining a job for 4 years while being on sick leave. I wish him well in his recovery, but does does not detract from my view that he is treated differently from the people whom you profess he represents.

I am really in favour of giving extra rights to people with disabilities/mobility issues.
    As I see it we allow them to participate in the workforce and that commitment to participation should be taken a bit further.
    I'm not saying treat him differently from others in the same situation but give them both the extra help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Brian Crowley has some brass neck- not only did he cheerfully draw down a massive salary for doing zilch, he also left the South without their required representation in the European Parliament, where it’s very important we are represented to the best as a small nation. In any other field this carry on wouldn’t be tolerated- people get sick, and have issues I accept that - but to drag it on for 5 years without stepping aside is very poor carry on. I’m sure there is very good sick leave payments etc available with the Parliament too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Masala wrote: »
    On a side note ...what has Sean Kelly done for us in the past 4 years???

is there any accountability???? He must be creaming it on expenses getting from a Kerry to Brussels is no easy ticket and so must spend full days in airports on way over and back.

And talks that he might run for President some day...... god help us

Through the line of work that I do, I have been invited to several policy discussions where Sean Kelly was the chair, or was on a panel for; whatever else about the man, he does turn up to do his job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Masala

El Tarangu wrote: »
    Through the line of work that I do, I have been invited to several policy discussions where Sean Kelly was the chair, or was on a panel for; whatever else about the man, he does turn up to do his job.

Ya.... course he will turn up. Expenses there and back.

But what exactly does he do??? What has he done. Turning up and listening etc is all well and good. But is there an end product.

Looks like it's all waffle..... it's like he is in a twilight zone. Money for ol rope if you ask me.... AKA a gravy train

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Well, the subject of this thread has not turned up to work for several years, even with the generous reimbursement offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

But what exactly does he do??? What has he done. Turning up and listening etc is all well and good. But is there an end product.

Looks like it's all waffle..... it's like he is in a twilight zone. Money for ol rope if you ask me.... AKA a gravy train

No comparison between Kelly & Crowley imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,198 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Marengo wrote: »
    It's a terrible amount of illness. Hope he improves and enjoys his retirement.

He hasn't done a tap in 8 years, hes been retired for nearly a decade while getting paid a full salary of 8k per month, a salary most of us could only dream of, and disgustingly hes been claiming travel and constituency expenses on top of that.

I don't care how ill he is hes been lining his pockets for a decade, he's a disgrace.

Advertisement