Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im stressed and I don't even need to be!!

• 29-05-2014 4:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

So here's the jist. I applied to NCAD, IADT and BCFE and got offeres on every course I applied to in each. I'm bloody chuffed. But I put so much work into my portfolios. I handed in my acceptance form to Ballyfermot for animation and their requirements for the course are 5 passes on the lc with no subjects or levels specified. So yeah, brilliant. Yet Im incredibly stressed to the point Im now in bed sick and my head is splitting. My mom still wants about 400 points and I only got 290 on the mocks since I missed my orals and did not open a book for any exam. Did nothing. Almost skipped some exams to work on my portfolios. She was pissed I only got 290 as was I but now I realise thats enough. But I still feel I need to do amazing and I have a knot in my stomach. I guess what I'm asking is does anyone feel stressed when they know nothing can go wrong? I feel if I get anything under 350 I have failed myself, but I still have my collge place. What the fluck is wrong with me!?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm sure your mother would rather you be happy and healthy than get 400 points.

Be the person people remember for what you do in your chosen field in college. No one will care come September what you got in your Leaving.

You're obviously very talented, so have a great career in front of you.

Maybe you could show your mother this thread? I doubt she realises the stress she is putting you under.

Advertisement