Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Delivery

Options
  • 29-05-2014 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a service that can deliver from Rome to Limerick a package. I have to have it by Tuesday Morning. I ordered it yesterday through UPS and they told me it will be Wednesday because of the bank holiday. Very urgent and have tried DHL they told me it will be the same because of bank holiday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭whippet

Try Fedex .... they tend to be better for the mega urgent stuff .. but be prepared to pay an arm and a leg for it

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

whippet wrote: »
    Try Fedex .... they tend to be better for the mega urgent stuff .. but be prepared to pay an arm and a leg for it

No luck with FedEx unfortunately thanks anyway they can only deliver the same day as ups

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Probably a bit late to book now with the Aer Lingus strike, and depending on how much a courier was looking for , you could try Ryanair from Shannon->Stanstead->Rome and back (I've had to do this in the past where it was cheaper to get a flight to Helsinki and carry the package, rather than pay the courier cost for next-day delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Spocker wrote: »
    Probably a bit late to book now with the Aer Lingus strike, and depending on how much a courier was looking for , you could try Ryanair from Shannon->Stanstead->Rome and back (I've had to do this in the past where it was cheaper to get a flight to Helsinki and carry the package, rather than pay the courier cost for next-day delivery)

Do you know of a courier that would do such a service and roughly how much these things cost it's only a small package

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

kevin306 wrote: »
    it's only a small package
    The kind of courier won't really factor at all something like this into their pricing. In fact their vehicles will be small anyway like a motorbike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Apologies, I was using the term courier to collectively refer to UPS/FedEx/DHL - you're limited to those who have a fleet of planes, given the urgency of the delivery.

It doesn't really matter (at this stage) the size of the package, it's speed of delivery you're after, and the price will reflect that.

As an alternative, why not try friends on Facebook/Twitter? If theres a personal nature to the need for the urgency (a wedding I'm guessing) your social network may be able to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Is it at all possible to collect items from their depot at Dublin Airport on Tuesday? I collected something from DHL a few years back - I can't remember the exact details. Might be worth checking.

The Facebook thing is a good idea too.

Advertisement