Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living at home?

Options
  • 29-05-2014 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I'm living at home while I'm saving for a mortgage.

Can the money I contribute at home be taken into account when applying for a mortgage?

The money is lodged into my Mothers Credit union account weekly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

murph226 wrote: »
    I'm living at home while I'm saving for a mortgage.

Can the money I contribute at home be taken into account when applying for a mortgage?

The money is lodged into my Mothers Credit union account weekly.

Very much so if it's clearly identifiable as rent payments. It needs to be clear and consistently on time every week or every month.

Cash lodgements in and around random dates that can't be identified clearly as rent won't cut it. Change your system of payment now so it can be used as proof of payment capacity and don't miss a single one for any reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes its lodged every week without fail by direct debit, the same amount every week.

In my online banking its just down as CRU and a code with it, should I get the bank to change this and mark it as rent or is it ok as is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

murph226 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes its lodged every week without fail by direct debit, the same amount every week.

In my online banking its just down as CRU and a code with it, should I get the bank to change this and mark it as rent or is it ok as is?

I do something similar. I transfer online to my folks joint account and the bank (AIB) were happy with that

Advertisement