Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babysitting rates

Options
  • 29-05-2014 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm minding three boys this weekend. It will be from 11 on the sat to 2ish on the sun ... The eldest will be gone for a few hours on the sat for a birthday party. Just wondering what to charge?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

ladam wrote: »
    I'm minding three boys this weekend. It will be from 11 on the sat to 2ish on the sun ... The eldest will be gone for a few hours on the sat for a birthday party. Just wondering what to charge?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! X

I'm assuming it's until 2pm on the Sunday? So if they go to bed at say 9pm and are up at 7am it works out at 17 hours work ( I know you will be minding them when they are asleep also). If you are charging by the hour you could charge about €10 an hour for those 17 hours and maybe a set figure for the over night? Seems pretty expensive I know but you are responsible for 3 children for those hours. Personally I'd give a set amount of about €120-€150 as that gives you a better chance of getting more work off the parents.
    Also you don't say how old the children are, that might be a another factor in calculating a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ladam

m'lady wrote: »
    I'm assuming it's until 2pm on the Sunday? So if they go to bed at say 9pm and are up at 7am it works out at 17 hours work ( I know you will be minding them when they are asleep also). If you are charging by the hour you could charge about €10 an hour for those 17 hours and maybe a set figure for the over night? Seems pretty expensive I know but you are responsible for 3 children for those hours. Personally I'd give a set amount of about €120-€150 as that gives you a better chance of getting more work off the parents.
    Also you don't say how old the children are, that might be a another factor in calculating a price.
    Thanks and yeah 2pm. I'm their nanny so didnt want to overcharge as I have to see them everyday :P! The are 4yr old twins and a 7y/o. Thats around the price i was thinking, thanks so much for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭barrymac20

Getting my 14 year old niece to babysit my 3 year old soon. Was thinking 5 or 6 Euro an hour? And maybe a bit extra if we're late. I think that's reasonable enough.

Advertisement