Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting article in Irish Times - ‘fizz’ may be going out of Dublin market

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Piriz wrote: »

It's almost certain that there's a large proportion of strategic default out there but I would divide it into two types:
    A. Knowingly and willingly defrauding the bank, stashing the cash away elsewhere, like this character (incidentally, his answers raise even more questions. €750 per month for a city centre two-bed. O RLY? Also note his address. Selling that property would probably clear his debts but no, folk need to be kept in trophy houses while taxpayers living in Adamstown pay their debts for them).
    B. Deciding that they have to "have a life" and missing payments in order to afford the necessities of life such as private school fees and foreign holidays.

I only know one of type A but I know 5 of type B.
    Remember this the next time somebody gives you the "but Iceland wrote down all mortgages" sob story. You're paying for it!

What has struck me is that a large proportion of arrears case before the courts have come with some sort of sob story attached that a little bit of digging vapourises very quickly.
    Get them all before the courts and have it out in the public eye. Deals done behind closed doors in secret benefit nobody except the person getting the write down.

Advertisement