Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set up UK BOI account from Ireland

Options
  • 29-05-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I am moving to the UK in the middle of June to start a new job. My new employer requires bank details in advance of the 7th of June to ensure I will be paid in June. The problem is I won't be able to set up a UK bank account in time and my employer can't pay me through my Irish BOI account. I was wondering if it is possible to set up a UK BOI account from Ireland using the details of my Irish BOI current account?  Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your post.

A UK bank account can be applied for online.

Here is a link to apply please copy and paste this in your address bar.

http://boini.bankofireland.com/personal/current-account/clear-account/

I hope this helps,

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mkd2368

Hi Janette,

Thank you for your response. Does this require me to be currently living in the UK. It is not allowing me to proceed when I ticked No in the question 
    Are you a UK resident?. Would it be possible for me to have this account set up while still living in Ireland before I move to the UK?

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Good afternoon,

Sorry about that, we will report the error online.

If you contact our account opening team on 0044 8000850444 forms can be issued by post; for you to fill in.

Thanks

Janette

Advertisement