Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you done ecstasy or MDMA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Awful bang of self-righteousness coming off this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,244 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Drug users (including those on this forum) can do their bit TODAY by not funding criminals. If they don't they are directly funding violent crime. They may talk about legislation as a fig-leaf, but they have blood on their hands.
    no they couldn't, they want to get high, so they have no option, so its tough ****, because the prohibitionists have facilitated the problem

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

They are both responsible. Users pay criminals and incentivise the violence.
    and prohibitionists facilitate that transaction

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 354 ✭✭pO1Neil

Yes, I did a lot when from around 18 - 23/24. It's the most amazing feeling in the world when you get those lovely rushes up & down your spine & sit there talking strangers for hours. Feel like sh!t tho for a few days after. But was deffo worth it.

I've also done Coke, Hash, Weed, Mephadrone, several Benzo's (Xanax Bars were my fav), & milder opiates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Awful bang of self-righteousness coming off this thread.

Nothing wrong with a bit of self-righteousness, as long as it's not indignant :pac:

Perhaps, and I've never said I'm against legislation. But, that doesn't change the fact that users are supporting crime today by buying drugs.
    their not, wrong, not all criminals or the high up dealers are violent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TheGlass

Yes. Of course. Economics101

That is simply not true, in the long run. Demand matters. If people took responsibility for their actions they would not buy illegal drugs and demand would fall.

An understanding of human nature and our history shows there will always be a demand. Saying oh if people took responsibility doesn't work. Current legislation has lead to that demand being filled by criminals

No he's not. Drug users and drug dealers are.
    yes he is, drug users aren't

That is simply not true, in the long run. Demand matters. If people took responsibility for their actions they would not buy illegal drugs and demand would fall.
    the same for legal drugs? not going to happen so get over it, prohibitionists are to blame for keeping a failed system

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 383 ✭✭Mike747

I think Ecstasy is the best feeling in the world, at least as good as sex...but I don't think I will be doing it again as I nearly ended topping myself due to the depression it induced.

Sounds good, looking forward to trying it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D1gJ_GygAI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Yea i do it every now and then never had a bad experience from it.I'm in my early 30s and only took my first pill a few years ago. I can still remember laying in my bed that night listening to my ipod and it was like i was hearing music for the first time in my life.

All my mates got into much earlier than me and used to get off their faces doing 4 or 5 pills a night maybe more. Now they rarely do it and they are all normal fully functioning adults.

The most i've ever done is 1 a night. I could be out with mates who only drink and i'll take half one and have a great night and most of them will have no clue i've taken anything.

I think it's a very misunderstood drug, if it was legal and controlled then i believe deaths would be very minimal below alcohol related deaths i'm sure. The only reason i don't do it every weekend is because I don't know the quality of the product i'm getting. I always buy from a batch that i know people have used and start with just half and see how it goes.

It's a risk taking any illegal drug but there are steps you can take to minimize the risk. There are even testing kits you can buy but these aren't fantastic. I think we should have testing labs here like they have in Amsterdam, I've no doubt this would save lives. People are always going to do drugs , we can at least inform them of what they are putting in their bodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

ScumLord wrote: »
    Are you telling me that if I don't go out and buy some pills now it will do anything to reduce the number of pills consumed?

I'd be shocked if there's ever been a time in the last 20 years when supply of drugs has outpaced demand. the fact is if you don't buy them someone else will.

Somebody has watched Stringer Bells speech in the wire recently :)
    Its not really true though, prices fluctuate in terms of illegal products all the time and increased demand (you buying pills) leads to increased production.

Now if your wanting to argue the case that there is people that will always buy the product no matter the price then you have a point, but those people are called and addicts and it doesn't fit with the general consensus about pills on this thread.
    You can't apply the logic for addictive drug prices and at the same time argue that its not an addictive drug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Also this is a great example of how any poll on AH ends up giving a massively deceptive result even considering the demographics of posters here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Yea i do it every now and then never had a bad experience from it.I'm in my early 30s and only took my first pill a few years ago. I can still remember laying in my bed that night listening to my ipod and it was like i was hearing music for the first time in my life.

All my mates got into much earlier than me and used to get off their faces doing 4 or 5 pills a night maybe more. Now they rarely do it and they are all normal fully functioning adults.

The most i've ever done is 1 a night. I could be out with mates who only drink and i'll take half one and have a great night and most of them will have no clue i've taken anything.

I think it's a very misunderstood drug, if it was legal and controlled then i believe deaths would be very minimal below alcohol related deaths i'm sure. The only reason i don't do it every weekend is because I don't know the quality of the product i'm getting. I always buy from a batch that i know people have used and start with just half and see how it goes.

It's a risk taking any illegal drug but there are steps you can take to minimize the risk. There are even testing kits you can buy but these aren't fantastic. I think we should have testing labs here like they have in Amsterdam, I've no doubt this would save lives. People are always going to do drugs , we can at least inform them of what they are putting in their bodies.

I wouldn't claim that as alcohol deaths are alcohol related driving and so on you come about litre or 2 of vodka to really be at risk, their not straight alcohol related deaths, where as these drugs it is far to easy overdose

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Mr. Nice

Yup, I've done it a few times. I love the rush from coming up, but the come down the next day is enough to put me off.
    I'd rather do some good, clean coke but it makes me very greedy for more. Not addictive, but like a pig at a trough if there's a few lines on the coffee table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

No. That is simply bad logic.
    Thats some serious curtain twitching you're doing. How about you stop worrying about what consenting adults do in their free time? Relax, you'll live longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

JamboMac wrote: »
    I wouldn't claim that as alcohol deaths are alcohol related driving and so on you come about litre or 2 of vodka to really be at risk, their not straight alcohol related deaths, where as these drugs it is far to easy overdose

True what you say about Alcohol related deaths not being caused directly from alcohol but the same can be said of MDMA related deaths , in most cases the deaths are caused because the pills/powder has little or no MDMA and instead has much worse things like PMA/PMMA in them.
    That's why if they were legal and regulated people would know what they are getting and how to take them responsibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

To me, anyone who uses illegal drugs is a junkie.

A very poor definition. To me, a junkie could be someone who takes drugs (legal or illegal) continuously and ignores the physical, mental, financial and social damage they are doing to themselves and others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭somuj

Took 7 in one go one time, pulled some queer faces that day. Used to take them every weekend without any I'll effects. Don't really bother much the last few years unless for special occasions.

There is no feeling in the world like it and cannot truely be explained to someone who has never done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Rory Gallagher

As I said, middle class drug users don't like being called junkies. It upsets them. Only poor/stupid people can be junkies, in their view.

I was not aware your position on the social spectrum dictated your intelligent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭freethearmy

1st buzz was like heaven....after that it was just a dirty come down 15 years clean now... 1999

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's not economics 101. If one person out of thousands (in Ireland, globally we're talking about millions of people) stops it has zero effect. So if me stopping has no effect what's the point in me reducing my quality of life by not taking them?

If people took responsibility for their actions we wouldn't have a need for courts, we'd be recycling properly and so on. If people controlling the market (the government) had a bit of common sense and used the facts rather than their handed down moral objectives then it would have a much greater effect. People have been asking others to stop using drugs, demonising them and throwing them in jail for over half a decade now and drug use has risen.
    No. That is simply bad logic.
    How is it bad logic? People use drugs for thousands of years with only sporadic addiction problems to deal with. Then after prohibition we have substantially higher addiction rates, substantially higher drug usage in the general population, substantially higher drug production rates. All the numbers show that prohibition has achieved the exact opposite of what it set out to do.
    Yeah, it's a young mans game. Once you hit 30 your ability to repair the damage of a binge is just gone. Last time I did them I was fecked for days. Not so much from the come down but because I danced so much I felt like I'd ran a marathon, every muscle in my body was sore. Still, even if I'm not able for it anymore I have my memories and can say things like "I remember the day.. blaa, blaa.."

People just need to take a step back and look at the drug problem rationally. Drug use carries it's dangers, there is a risk but it's a manageable risk under the right conditions. We have ways of dealing with the problems of addiction, we can test for allergies and underlying conditions. We have no defense against prohibition, it's a cancer eating away at society and people need to wise up and get off the high horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Loads of times. Haven't touched it in years though. It has a definite time limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

Nice try there, Garda.

haha trust me Pat..im no guard ;) just was interested in the numbers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

This post has been deleted.

I wouldnt say there too interested in picking up people who may have €20 worth of stuff on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I used to have one of their Credit Cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

No I haven't but I would if I could ensure the quality. Does anyone remember when channel 4 did the ecstasy trials live? Worth a watch for anyone that wants to challenge their perception of ecstasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

I was not aware your position on the social spectrum dictated your intelligent.

You're confused. I said that middle class drug users believe that only poor and/or stupid people become addicts. They believe that they are too clever and sophisticated to become addicted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

You're confused. I said that middle class drug users believe that only poor and/or stupid people become addicts. They believe that they are too clever and sophisticated to become addicted.

[citation needed]

• Advertisement

It's not economics 101. If one person out of thousands (in Ireland, globally we're talking about millions of people) stops it has zero effect. So if me stopping has no effect what's the point in me reducing my quality of life by not taking them?

You do not comprehend economics or mathematics. The effect of one consumer not consuming is not zero. It may be very, very small, but it is not zero. Your view is a manifesto for not giving a damn. "Me stopping supporting violent crime won;t make much of a difference, so why should I bother?"
    If people took responsibility for their actions.....

They'd stop supporting criminals. It's like saying that you won't stop drink-driving and that the government should just roll-out these rubber cars that they've been refusing to use. Damn the government - they make us give our money to criminals!!

[citation needed]

Attitudes of middle class druggies; Internet, I Heart; Journal of things that I say; Vol 20, P345-356, May 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MY CUP OF TEA

--LOS-- wrote: »
    No I haven't but I would if I could ensure the quality. Does anyone remember when channel 4 did the ecstasy trials live? Worth a watch for anyone that wants to challenge their perception of ecstasy.

I have to admit maybe Im a bit like this!.. Kinda like parachuting..i would like to try it once in my life just to know what its like..but i think im too chicken!

Maybe if I knew I only had 24 hrs to live or something..id go get off my face ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PCR

Real Life wrote: »
    no i was kind of joking really. i do use it quite a bit but it doesn't affect my day to day life. i go to a lot of gigs/raves and do some dj'ing myself so its quite common in that scene but i wouldn't even think about taking it on a daily basis or anything just when i have something on

Gotcha! Yeah it is part and parcel of the DJ scene it seems. I was just wondering because about 4-5 times a year I will be on a heavy session that will involve MDMA and various other substances. The hangover/comedown from these sessions tends to be so severe I am barely functional for two days afterwards. Based on my experience, it would seem it is very difficult to become addicted to MDMA or LSD etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You do not comprehend economics or mathematics. The effect of one consumer not consuming is not zero. It may be very, very small, but it is not zero.
    It's effectively zero, companies plan for certain loses, either manufacturing faults or damage in transport. The amount of a product that goes missing or gets damaged in any industry is going to be far greater than what one person buys on a weekend.

Your view is a manifesto for not giving a damn. "Me stopping supporting violent crime won;t make much of a difference, so why should I bother?"
    It's not a manifesto for not giving a damn it's just realistic. If anything your insistence of sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the facts before you so you can continue to wallow in your dogma is a manifesto for not giving a damn. You'll happily see people suffer to support a law that does nothing but satisfy your quest for vengeance against people that do things you don't like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Attitudes of middle class druggies; Internet, I Heart; Journal of things that I say; Vol 20, P345-356, May 2014

I completely disagree with everything you've said on this thread, but credit where it's due for that comeback. :p

I completely disagree with everything you've said on this thread, but credit where it's due for that comeback. :p

Ah, thanks man! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I used to do it and stupidly convinced myself that it was ok because Id done it a load of times and it was great craic but then, on a night out, I was pilling off my head and my wife reacted badly to the pills and nearly died.

So I completly get that people think its all fun and safe because nothings every happened to them but they're wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I used to do it and stupidly convinced myself that it was ok because Id done it a load of times and it was great craic but then, on a night out, I was pilling off my head and my wife reacted badly to the pills and nearly died.

So I completly get that people think its all fun and safe because nothings every happened to them but they're wrong.

Sorry to hear that :(

Can you expand on 'nearly died', like what were her symptoms and then what did the doctors say happened? A heart thing?

• Advertisement

--LOS-- wrote: »

Really enjoyed that documentary, it was a very interesting insight into MDMA!!

Plenty of quality out there mate, just do some research and u can find plenty of reports from the continent listing the good and bad pills available!!

People say they dont like it never will bla bla bla.. See what they say when they've tried one of the better pills available or else some MDMA crystals!! It is possibly one of the most amazing experiences, especially when surrounded by good friends!!

tolow wrote: »

Plenty of quality out there mate, just do some research and u can find plenty of reports from the continent listing the good and bad pills available!!

People say they dont like it never will bla bla bla.. See what they say when they've tried one of the better pills available or else some MDMA crystals!! It is possibly one of the most amazing experiences, especially when surrounded by good friends!!

Heroin addicts and crack addicts say the same thing, all these mess with chemicals in your body and why lots of people who these long term suffer from depression because there body can't cope, so the cycle continues. I wonder how many that you know commited suicide where advocates of these.

It's a seesaw for amazing highs comes amazing lows, I just hope none of the advocates would be drug pushers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

You do not comprehend economics or mathematics. The effect of one consumer not consuming is not zero. It may be very, very small, but it is not zero. Your view is a manifesto for not giving a damn. "Me stopping supporting violent crime won;t make much of a difference, so why should I bother?"

While I don't fully agree with you, you are right about this attitude of not doing something because of being just one person. That's a really negative attitude. It's simple supply and demand. People really underestimate the power of their choices, especially how they vote with their wallets. Reduce the demand, reduce the supply.

I have to admit maybe Im a bit like this!.. Kinda like parachuting..i would like to try it once in my life just to know what its like..but i think im too chicken!

Maybe if I knew I only had 24 hrs to live or something..id go get off my face ;)

But ecstasy is not really comparable to other class A drugs. Have a look at the 4od docu.

Oh I know, it's just like not a priority or anything. I don't really question the safety of it if you're responsible. I quite like the Netherlands approach, promoting testing, and offering free testing and that has resulted in way less deaths here. They just have a more logical approach to things overall. One of the political parties D66 was handing out fake ecstasy pills before Kings Day, as a means to inform people about the dangers of not testing. They just have a more realistic approach, they know people will be using them anyway, so they prioritise safety. More countries should follow suit.

Here's a website that explains the good and the bad and the is from the pure kind as well.

http://www.drugs.com/mdma.html

I see where people come from with the argument about u don't know what these chemicals do to your body etc. But as we all know if alcohol or tobacco products were only discovered now there is not a chance that these products would be legalized for human consumption.

There are very few side effects of pure mdma. There is a chance that a user may take a reaction but these chances are very slim. Most deaths are caused because of pma or other impurities or else overheating. There are side effects to alcohol which can also kill!

I have a pretty educated opinion on this subject coming from a scientific background. Obviously when ppl abuse these drugs excessively there will be damaging consequences but i dont think moderate usage causes huge damage. Professor Nutt from the Uk has some very interesting views on the usage of mdma and has got himself into some trouble with government in the UK. I advise some ppl to read some of his research articles and give themselves an educated view on the topic.

If u decide to take mdma u must be responsible in your usage and take responsibilty and make sure what u are taking is in fact mdma and not pma/pmma!!

I think this is the kind of topic that unless u have been there yourself and taken mdma u can't have a real opinion on this! Tbh sometimes i could feel just as down the next day after a heavy day on the booze.

If u head to certain electronic music events in dublin (not edm crap like david guetta etc.) u will see very little trouble. The ppl under the influence of mdma are having the time of their lives loving one another!!

Ppl should also watch the documentary on the great chemist Shulgin who redicovered mdma and created 2cb. This documentary shows the healing side of mdma substances.

I hate when ppl judge others for deciding to take pills instead of drinking. There is a huge difference between doing a few pills at the weekend with friends and being a heroin/crack addict!

It was synthetically made by German scientists in 1912, shulgin didn't find I don't it natural in any sense of the word

• Advertisement

It was synthetically made by German scientists in 1912, shulgin didn't find I don't it natural in any sense of the word

It was discovered by merck as an apetite suppressant. If u read my post again i said shulgin REdicovered the compund. I never said shulgin discovered it originally himself. He did however discover many more compounds including the 2c- family!!

I also never said it was natural in anyway!

I wonder have most of the posters giving out about mdma on here been affected by it somehow? Because it seems most have never even tried it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TheGlass

Nobody said it was either natural or first discovered by Shulgin. It might help if you read the above posters post properly instead of just jumping straight in with another complaint. Are you actually reading and thinking about the posters contributations you disagree with or do you refuse to even consider expanding your knowledge on the subject?

It was discovered by merck as an apetite suppressant. If u read my post again i said shulgin REdicovered the compund. I never said shulgin discovered it originally himself. He did however discover many more compounds including the 2c- family!!

I also never said it was natural in anyway!

I wonder have most of the posters giving out about mdma on here been affected by it somehow? Because it seems most have never even tried it

Sorry you may not have said it was natural but I'm sure I've read some people stating it as such and I know many of you claim that if this is illegal then beer and cigarettes should be also which I'm fine with.

But in reality we know the long term effects of these cancer and liver failure.
    The real long term effects of these are in reality unknown. Some things may be beneficial but do they outweigh the consequences, cocaine was once a medicine and know no longer is.

To me people stating the pure MDMA means not synthetic like other things stated as pure as in not man made. But if you bothered reading every ones comments you may have realised yours was a waste of time.

Sorry you may not have said it was natural but I'm sure I've read some people stating it as such and I know many of you claim that if this is illegal then beer and cigarettes should be also which I'm fine with.

But in reality we know the long term effects of these cancer and liver failure.
    The real long term effects of these are in reality unknown. Some things may be beneficial but do they outweigh the consequences, cocaine was once a medicine and know no longer is.

This was the next point I was going to state. We dont fully know the long term effects but some people have came.out one being Professor Nutt and stated that the damaging effects which were talked about during the 90's may not have actually been as bad as first thought.

I do still think though that ppl who do consume mdma must be responsible and not consume it on a regular basis!

• Advertisement
Advertisement