Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you done ecstasy or MDMA.

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TheGlass

JamboMac wrote: »
    To me people stating the pure MDMA means not synthetic like other things stated as pure as in not man made. But if you bothered reading every ones comments you may have realised yours was a waste of time.

I don't think anyone calling it pure MDMA thinks its natural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

tolow wrote: »
    This was the next point I was going to state. We dont fully know the long term effects but some people have came.out one being Professor Nutt and stated that the damaging effects which were talked about during the 90's may not have actually been as bad as first thought.

I do still think though that ppl who do consume mdma must be responsible and not consume it on a regular basis!

One of my mates actually works in Nutt's research group, I don't think Nutt has a big agenda and by all accounts he's a good scientist but if you read the lancelet article that got him fired you can sort of see why the politicians responded the way they did to that particular one rather than any of his other papers.

I haven't done them myself but i still might but I'm curious about the effect habitual every weekend users serotonin responses compared to some one who drinks each weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

--LOS-- wrote: »
    While I don't fully agree with you, you are right about this attitude of not doing something because of being just one person. That's a really negative attitude.
    I might agree too if there was a valid argument for having drugs illegal and if I thought you could change peoples minds one person at a time, but you can't. For every person that has a horrible experience on drugs there's a hundreds that don't.

For every mind you change there are hundreds changing their mind in the other direction. The fact is the majority of people that try drugs enjoy the experience, so telling them drugs are bad just flies in the face of their own experience. Trying to change it one person at a time is like trying to take a piss against the tide so that you can change the colour of the ocean, it's utterly futile.

I also know plenty of old drug users, people who show that you can make it to old age with the same mental capacity as anyone else their age.

One of my mates actually works in Nutt's research group, I don't think Nutt has a big agenda and by all accounts he's a good scientist but if you read the lancelet article that got him fired you can sort of see why the politicians responded the way they did to that particular one rather than any of his other papers.

I haven't done them myself but i still lmight but I'm curious about the effect habitual every weekend users serotonin responses compared to some one who drinks each weekend

As i stated in previous posts i definitely think regular usage every weekend or whatever definitely has a bad effect!! U need a break to give the brain a chance to recover and replenish serotonin levels. I'd probably consume mdma once a month and i wouldnt suffer to bad after a session with depression etc. Would be the same after a heavy drinking session

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Sorry to hear that :(

Can you expand on 'nearly died', like what were her symptoms and then what did the doctors say happened? A heart thing?

Have you ever seen someone completely whitie and collapse and not get back up again while youre winging off your tits? I have no idea of the details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

tolow wrote: »
    As i stated in previous posts i definitely think regular usage every weekend or whatever definitely has a bad effect!! U need a break to give the brain a chance to recover and replenish serotonin levels. I'd probably consume mdma once a month and i wouldnt suffer to bad after a session with depression etc. Would be the same after a heavy drinking session

I'm inclined to agree. Keep it to big events.

My rule of thumb is only take it if you're going to something that's going to be amazing - it will make it even more so. Prime examples are music festivals and gigs. I know people who have gotten into the habit of taking it in nightclubs every weekend and I don't think it's a great idea. Avoid it if you can and you'll have a better time of it. Once a month seems optimal - maybe even a bit less frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FeelOfAllFeels

I think in moderation it's fine. Have had and will continue to have some of the best nights of my life on it. Only have it once every 2 to 3 months or so but every time it's just pure and utter bliss. I think if you're using it every week it's idiotic but as long as you're sensible with it you should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

ScumLord wrote: »
    I might agree too if there was a valid argument for having drugs illegal and if I thought you could change peoples minds one person at a time, but you can't. For every person that has a horrible experience on drugs there's a hundreds that don't.

For every mind you change there are hundreds changing their mind in the other direction. The fact is the majority of people that try drugs enjoy the experience, so telling them drugs are bad just flies in the face of their own experience. Trying to change it one person at a time is like trying to take a piss against the tide so that you can change the colour of the ocean, it's utterly futile.

I also know plenty of old drug users, people who show that you can make it to old age with the same mental capacity as anyone else their age.

Oh I don't think it should be illegal. And I'm not trying to change anyones mind on it either. Just saying that's how supply and demand works. That is how change works, people start saying no to it (with their wallets), enough people do and it becomes the norm. I think it is a fair argument to say that if you don't want to support criminals then don't buy ecstasy. That would personally not stop me buying it, even though I never have, just saying. If you think it should be legal, then not buying it goes against that, questions only start to be raised over whether it should be legalised or not because of the high demand for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

back in the 80s and early 90s , by the mid 90's they all got exotic names, and seamed little like the white powdered MDMA from the 80's - they started to make me very depressed a couple of days after ingesting , so i quit - **** thats nearly 20 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I kind of grew out of wasting all my disposable income on crap that ultimately makes you feel like crap about yourself at the end of the day anyway.

Booze, drugs, sh1tty food, fags, all one of the same to me in that sense. I work my aRse off too much to throw money at something that might make me feel "OMG AMAYYYYZING" for a relative 2.5 seconds compared to the comedown and the missing-out-on-my-own-life that will ensue in the following days.

Drugs are fun, they can be deadly, but they're a set-back IME and a giant waste of time in terms of living a productive life, feeling confident and healthy and getting sh1t done in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I feel like Mr Makay for saying this ( :o ) But drugs are bad.
    Bad being you don't know whats in them and you don't know where they were made.

Each to their own in this world. Firmly believe that. But personally I just don't trust something that well, for the reasons above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

beks101 wrote: »
    I kind of grew out of wasting all my disposable income on crap that ultimately makes you feel like crap about yourself at the end of the day anyway.

Booze, drugs, sh1tty food, fags, all one of the same to me in that sense. I work my aRse off too much to throw money at something that might make me feel "OMG AMAYYYYZING" for a relative 2.5 seconds compared to the comedown and the missing-out-on-my-own-life that will ensue in the following days.

Drugs are fun, they can be deadly, but they're a set-back IME and a giant waste of time in terms of living a productive life, feeling confident and healthy and getting sh1t done in the long run.

Okay, I'm here if you need me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

I feel like Mr Makay for saying this ( :o ) But drugs are bad.
    Bad being you don't know whats in them and you don't know where they were made.

Each to their own in this world. Firmly believe that. But personally I just don't trust something that well, for the reasons above.

You could say the same about most food out there nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

You could say the same about most food out there nowadays.

Call me old fashioned. But I would rather trust my local butcher than some scumbag selling drugs in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Call me old fashioned. But I would rather trust my local butcher than some scumbag selling drugs in the area.

Me too, but I'm not talking about the local butcher. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭dasdog

I've only happened across "pure" mdma once. It isn't powder of compressed pills. It is small chunks of brown sugar like Heisenberg substance that will leave you horizontal in a dream like state. What passes off as ecstasy even Speckled/White doves from 20 years ago bares no resemblance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

You knoe the way loads of people like doing drugs before doing the housework? Well I always thought it was mainly weed but friend of a friend last night was telling us he always drops some ecstasy before starting on the big clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Smoking a joint and then doing housework? Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Smoking a joint and then doing housework? Lol.

Yeah....about as likely as doing a few lines of coke before going for a nap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

c_man wrote: »
    You knoe the way loads of people like doing drugs before doing the housework? Well I always thought it was mainly weed but friend of a friend last night was telling us he always drops some ecstasy before starting on the big clean.

no, no I don't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

I think in moderation it's fine. Have had and will continue to have some of the best nights of my life on it. Only have it once every 2 to 3 months or so but every time it's just pure and utter bliss. I think if you're using it every week it's idiotic but as long as you're sensible with it you should be fine.

I agree you can have a 10 / 10 night. But here's one issue I had with it, it shouldn't be so easy to have a 10 / 10 experience.

Usually, if you have a 10 / 10 experience you did really well in an exam, you scored the girl you fancied, you won a rugby match against a great team, whatever ... It requires work, effort and dedication. Surely, if you can get the same experience by just putting a pill in your month it has to have some sort of downside?

That was one concern I always had with it. That even thou it was amazing there was something that was just false about it all.

And developing that point, as most of life is humdrum that requires some sort of lifeskill to learn how to endure and foster. surely if you just get happiness in a pill it has to effect your ability to deal with the real world.

Example, most jobs can be a bit boring, to make them interesting you have to set yourself goals, or change, or do something to ensure your mind can cope with working week. If you just get your happiness in a pill, are you as likely to be driven or just accept the Mon - Fri boredom and wait for the next happy pill?

I think E has to have some negative side effects. But, I'd say the same about anti-depressants and reliance on any drug, pot, alcohol, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

nouninformal
    a drug addict.
    a person with a compulsive habit or obsessive dependency on something.
    "power junkies"

That's the definition and compulsive habit is easily as such that every Friday before you go out you do these and then your jaw is swinging for the rest of the night and make probably a lot of people who don't know you uncomfortable, that feel your unpredictable in your head you might think everybody loves but there more afraid to say anything.

These people you speak of are in clubs/pubs where everyone is drunk and far more unpredictable than the person on ecstasy, who's just gonna chew their face and hug people. People don't take a few yokes and go to bingo you know, it's not as if they're the only person in the room on a mind-altering substance.

On-topic, I took ecstasy for the first time over 2 years ago and have taken either pills or MDMA on around 20 occasions since. It's great craic and I've experienced no downsides, nor has it affected my everyday life - I go to college and have a job. Since I don't take it often, I've also never had a comedown!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

These people you speak of are in clubs/pubs where everyone is drunk and far more unpredictable than the person on ecstasy, who's just gonna chew their face and hug people. People don't take a few yokes and go to bingo you know, it's not as if they're the only person in the room on a mind-altering substance.

On-topic, I took ecstasy for the first time over 2 years ago and have taken either pills or MDMA on around 20 occasions since. It's great craic and I've experienced no downsides, nor has it affected my everyday life - I go to college and have a job. Since I don't take it often, I've also never had a comedown!

Wow so being presumptive is what you do best, I live in dublin I deal with these people on a daily basis whether it's in the park or the pub I couldn't care less.

To say that these people are not unpredictable is horse manure, these thing can make people trip and hallucinate, everywhere isn't Galway college campus with a small population and you know the majority. It's a psychedelic and that doesn't always mean good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FeelOfAllFeels

I agree you can have a 10 / 10 night. But here's one issue I had with it, it shouldn't be so easy to have a 10 / 10 experience.

Usually, if you have a 10 / 10 experience you did really well in an exam, you scored the girl you fancied, you won a rugby match against a great team, whatever ... It requires work, effort and dedication. Surely, if you can get the same experience by just putting a pill in your month it has to have some sort of downside?

That was one concern I always had with it. That even thou it was amazing there was something that was just false about it all.

And developing that point, as most of life is humdrum that requires some sort of lifeskill to learn how to endure and foster. surely if you just get happiness in a pill it has to effect your ability to deal with the real world.

Example, most jobs can be a bit boring, to make them interesting you have to set yourself goals, or change, or do something to ensure your mind can cope with working week. If you just get your happiness in a pill, are you as likely to be driven or just accept the Mon - Fri boredom and wait for the next happy pill?

I think E has to have some negative side effects. But, I'd say the same about anti-depressants and reliance on any drug, pot, alcohol, whatever.

I see where you're coming from. The way I look at it, I know it's artificial so that's another reason why I don't overdo it. I don't want it to negatively effect my day to day life because of an experience that in a sense isn't 'real'. I only use it to enhance nights out every so often and think that as good as it is, it isn't as good as life itself (If that makes sense? Oh and cheesy, I know haha). I love the feeling but I find many other little things more enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

On the equilibrium, the line of thinking that says maybe 10/10 should take work and how the scales should come back the other way. It's just a reminder to me that I'm just a slave to hormones and biology and chemistry to a humbling extent. Sounds like I'm high right now but I'm not. Anything that humbles me, and stops me believing the narrative of humans being these free, autonomous pinacles of existence is welcome.

Our experience of ourselves is only ever at best as good as other lifeforms experience of themselves. When all the accounting, checks and balances are done it all works out even imo.

[Forrest Gump]And that's all ah have to say about that[/Forrest Gump]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Gerard92

Wow so being presumptive is what you do best, I live in dublin I deal with these people on a daily basis whether it's in the park or the pub I couldn't care less.

To say that these people are not unpredictable is horse manure, these thing can make people trip and hallucinate, everywhere isn't Galway college campus with a small population and you know the majority. It's a psychedelic and that doesn't always mean good.

MDMA is not a psychedelic, dont know what your basing that on, it definitely does not make you trip...

• Site Banned Posts: 9 2D Ayyport

Gerard92 wrote: »
    MDMA is not a psychedelic, dont know what your basing that on, it definitely does not make you trip...
    it does, or it can, at least.

2D Ayyport wrote: »
    it does, or it can, at least.

x2 it can. It's not an all out psychedelic but at a high enough dosage u can experience mild visuals. Obviously not as intense as LSD etc. I don't think these trippy side effects would be enough to drive a person crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AnaLiffey

Recently, tablets being sold as Ecstasy have been found to contain PMA and PMMA. PMA (Paramethoxyamphetamine) and PMMA (Paramethoxymethamphetamine) are stimulants with
    halluncinogenic effects similar to MDMA. However, they are toxic at lower doses than MDMA and can also take longer to take effect. These drugs have been implicated in a number of hospitalizations and deaths.

For harm reduction advice on these drugs go to drugs.ie then click pma

• Registered Users Posts: 1 0life

Just want to post a warning about a dangerous batch of pink ROYLES ROYCES circulating in dublin contain a mix of mdma and mephedrone (head shop ****) will get you high but toxic combination if taking too much avoid these ones guys not worth the risk they are actually an old batch being passed off as new due to bad press when they first came out linked to deaths in UK a few years back greedy fuckers didn't bin em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I don't get this poll, 0% have done MDMA? Wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Didnt suit me.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Shoog

I used to do herb, acid and shrooms in my youth but was abstaining when MDMA came around so I largely missed out. It's a shame really as it's a fairly benign drug and enhances the whole dance experience significantly. Now I feel happier on a few pints and don't like the experience of been out of control so that boat has well and truly sailed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

2000's did a load of X from about 16-20, thinking back there was alot of horror stories then but I thoroughly enjoyed nearly all my experiences. It was cheap too, like a fiver a pill. Never did pure MDMA it was after my time but I hear its great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭jj880

They don't make them like they used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The X will kill you talk just made you want to do it more, as a teen it was everywhere. I just remember been instantly drawn to the people on it when you were at a party or house, it was incredible.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

E + techno + a dark dingy sweatbox club = a 10/10 combination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

No officer . I’ve never done drugs 😷

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Electric Gypsy

I really don't get how come it is that you can hear so much being said about how drugs are bad, and yet so many people are willing to do them? It really makes come closer and closer to one conclusion... that a lot of the people who are going around telling others about how such stuff is dangerous, are only doing so because they're on temporary hiatus from their addiction, and want to get rid of some of the guilt without revealed the true story.

Perhaps the whole reason you hear all of this talk, is actually so to make people feel more bold when they do finally take it, and that I'm the niave one in not realising that.

Advertisement