Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carpenter to repair henge on teak front door

Options
  • 29-05-2014 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

The henge on front door is bent & got a new one but need somebody to fit it.

I would do it my self, but teak door seems heavy & not easy to lift off?

Anybody know a good person for this ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

harry999 wrote: »
    The henge on front door is bent & got a new one but need somebody to fit it.

I would do it my self, but teak door seems heavy & not easy to lift off?

Anybody know a good person for this ? Thanks

Open the door,jam wood/carpet/something under it,take off old henge and replace with new one.

You shouldn't need to take all of them off if its just a case of replacing a henge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

maybe a stonemason

cerastes wrote: »
    maybe a stonemason

Never fond of someone slagging spelling but you said what we were thinking.

In all fairness it'd probably be a waste of money paying someone to do it. Try get a family friend to do it if you don't feel confident but it's a five minute job all going to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Im worse quoting and using it as the right spelling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Where are you based

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Hi Beside the Pheonix park - they are drop hinges - so cannot change one at the time - door will have to first come off to unscrew the hinge. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Sorry i am on the south side and would have done it for you if you were closer

Advertisement