Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Trout 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

mirrors wrote: »
    Anyone caught anything in the flesk?

Killarney flesk?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mirrors

danbrosnan wrote: »
    Killarney flesk?

Yeah killarney flesk

Yeah killarney flesk

I don't fish there but I know one thing there is always fish in the Killarney flesk, there has been huge fish caught there so far this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mirrors

I don't fish there but I know one thing there is always fish in the Killarney flesk, there has been huge fish caught there so far this year...
    Would you be able to tell me some good spots on that river please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I did not report this as seeing that they were such a young age no prosecution would come out of it. Ido have their names and some video footage of them at work.

I have cut away numerous nets from many rivers on the Dingle peninsula but this was the first time that i caught someone redhanded.

The level of netting that goes on in these rivers is shameful.
    I know a few guys who removed a net while night fishing for sea trout and there cars were badly vandalised for there trouble. Some poachers are really nasty characters.

• Advertisement

I know a few guys who removed a net while night fishing for sea trout and there cars were badly vandalised for there trouble. Some poachers are really nasty characters.

Fair play to them for lifting the net ! Most people would be too scared and actually bull**** about conservation!

Would you be able to tell me some good spots on that river please?

As far as I know you need to be a club member for the vast majority of the river system...

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

As far as I know you need to be a club member for the vast majority of the river system...

A day ticket on the flesk costs 30 euros that's madness sure it's only 40 I think to join for the year

realrebel wrote: »
    A day ticket on the flesk costs 30 euros that's madness sure it's only 40 I think to join for the year

Ya that's true and a hard club to get into...

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Sea trout caught up to 3lb from midleton river other night I was not fishing myself but seen a few smaller ones being caught before I left

Heading to Waterville myself tmw for a day on the fly , really starting to get Into the fly fishing now only downside is it gets expensive ha

• Advertisement

popsy09 wrote: »
    Sea trout caught up to 3lb from midleton river other night I was not fishing myself but seen a few smaller ones being caught before I left

Heading to Waterville myself tmw for a day on the fly , really starting to get Into the fly fishing now only downside is it gets expensive ha

Enjoy the day down in waterville was supposed to head down myself but can't now hopefully you will catch some
    From here on in the rivers should be full of trout

Enjoy the day down in waterville was supposed to head down myself but can't now hopefully you will catch some
    From here on in the rivers should be full of trout

I will be mostly after salmon tmw fishing a 2 fly setup but I suppose sea trout take em too

The man I'm going with has a 6lb sea trout already this year so I'll be in good hands

Never fished all day on fly before down there i always get bored and go trolling but I'm going for it tmw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Was fishing Midleton today. Saw one sea trout caught on the worm, but was told they were been caught mostly on the fly recently (saw a nice few sized ones rising for the fly).

My niece caught a small flatfish!

Are there there any quieter spots rather than under the bridge across from super value? It's was quite crowed there for a fly rod.

Was fishing Midleton today. Saw one sea trout caught on the worm, but was told they were been caught mostly on the fly recently (saw a nice few sized ones rising for the fly).

My niece caught a small flatfish!

Are there there any quieter spots rather than under the bridge across from super value? It's was quite crowed there for a fly rod.

dont go near the main bridge

friend had one approx 4lb at 12 o clock wednesday night on the fly put up a fierce fight on a 4wt rod i netted him took out fly and left him go he didnt even come out of the water ,its a shame to be killing em

ill pm ya where we go

Had a good few the week before last on the lee lots of seatrout around now
    Just back from the towy in wales where we fished for a week, seen some monsters jump every single night ranging 15 to 20lbs, very low water conditions and trout were hard to catch but did manage 8 for the week with the biggest weighing 9lbs
    My biggest trout to date delighted to say the least

I was off work yesterday so I decided to go for a walk up a little river that I know for a fact no one fishes and I came into this pool and there was10/15 sea trout in there some were 4lb +
    I kept exploring anyway and eventually came across another pool with 3 salmon that must be close to 10lb and more seat trout again up to about 4lb

You could jump across this river now if ya tried , I taught about going getting my rod but I decided to leave them be the water is so low , I am going to try get some pictures of them In the water

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

I was off work yesterday so I decided to go for a walk up a little river that I know for a fact no one fishes and I came into this pool and there was10/15 sea trout in there some were 4lb +
    I kept exploring anyway and eventually came across another pool with 3 salmon that must be close to 10lb and more seat trout again up to about 4lb

You could jump across this river now if ya tried , I taught about going getting my rod but I decided to leave them be the water is so low , I am going to try get some pictures of them In the water

Make sure the pictures do not identify the river.

Flysfisher wrote: »
    Make sure the pictures do not identify the river.

I have a waterproof camera going to try see if I can get some footage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭con___manx1

you should go back down at night it would be very hard not too spook fish in a small river like that during the day. there is a river like that near me only 8 ft wide in places but it holds some nice fish.rivers like that are ridiculous easy for poachers.I would keep the location quite

you should go back down at night it would be very hard not too spook fish in a small river like that during the day. there is a river like that near me only 8 ft wide in places but it holds some nice fish.rivers like that are ridiculous easy for poachers.I would keep the location quite

Salmon and sea trout would surprise you at times, streams can produce great catches...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

I have a waterproof camera going to try see if I can get some footage

Did ya end up getting any footage popsy?

Did ya end up getting any footage popsy?

nope lol turns out the camera is a complete dud underwater i was messing around with it and its terrible , i got it off donedeal as an alternative to a go pro but was a total waste money

what i did do is go fishing for them :) my god they are a hard fish to get , they swirl at the flies jump on my line one ran between my legs the other night he must have been 5/6lb and in 2 foot of water

i did manage a few in the 2-3lb class on a jacobs ladder size 12 , mighty crack on a 5wt rod

nope lol turns out the camera is a complete dud underwater i was messing around with it and its terrible , i got it off donedeal as an alternative to a go pro but was a total waste money

what i did do is go fishing for them :) my god they are a hard fish to get , they swirl at the flies jump on my line one ran between my legs the other night he must have been 5/6lb and in 2 foot of water

i did manage a few in the 2-3lb class on a jacobs ladder size 12 , mighty crack on a 5wt rod

Here's a great picture from two resting seatrout from a pool on the river towy in wales there is some fine underwater pictures I will root them out there in awhile

Here's a great picture from two resting seatrout from a pool on the river towy in wales there is some fine underwater pictures I will root them out there in awhile

Some great pictures here of some good trout resting under the bank

fantastic pictures man and some cracking fish

could you send me some info on fishing over there ? i was planning on going to either norway or scotland next year for salmon but that could be an option too

fantastic pictures man and some cracking fish

I didn't take the pics but they are some fish to us but small to the locals lol I must dig out some pics of the ones we caught there over the last few years

I didn't take the pics but they are some fish to us but small to the locals lol I must dig out some pics of the ones we caught there over the last few years

Here's some of the fish we caught

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Well fishing for them is better than filming them anyway :D

I caught one this year by pure fluke when going for brownies, my first ever....Did you head out during the day or at night?

Im going to go out and target them soon before the season ends.

Advertisement