Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass Box Keeps falling off

• 29-05-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi,

Having a bit of trouble with a lawn mower I was given, the grass box keeps falling off. The box hooks on to a metal bar, but the bar moves with the vibrations of the lawn mower. Is there anything like a clip or a bracket that i could put on to each end of this bar to stop it falling out. Please see the attached photo thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 e30 bmw

their should be to push type clips on both ends to keep it secure

u can drill both ends and use a split on both ends and that should be perfect
    i have done this to a few mowers and it works a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JR79

Thanks e30 would rather clips, don't have a drill, but ya drilling a hole would work well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

If you have some pipe, (hose pipe will do), cut two pieces to fit inside the bracket on each side of the bag. Then slice each piece along its length so you can fit it over the bar.

This should stop the movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JR79

prospect wrote: »
    If you have some pipe, (hose pipe will do), cut two pieces to fit inside the bracket on each side of the bag. Then slice each piece along its length so you can fit it over the bar.

This should stop the movement.

That does sound like it would work

Advertisement