Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bohermeen 5k 2014

Options
  • 29-05-2014 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭

Should be on soon enough but theres no date mentioned on the bohermeenm AC homepage. Anybody have any ideas when its on and how to enter?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Carefulnow11

Have you tried the Facebook page ? I think its around June 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Date: 7th June @7:30pm.
    Registration here: Precision Timing
    Hoping to make it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Cool cheers lads. Great race but Bohermeen AC seem almost determined to keep it a secret. Hopefully we get the weather for the BBQ

tunguska wrote: »
    Cool cheers lads. Great race but Bohermeen AC seem almost determined to keep it a secret. Hopefully we get the weather for the BBQ
    Will be driving out there on Saturday, if you need a lift?

Will be driving out there on Saturday, if you need a lift?

Ah cheers for the offer but Im sorted. You're not allowed finish ahead of me though..........

• Advertisement

Ah cheers for the offer but Im sorted. You're not allowed finish ahead of me though..........
    15:45 or bust. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Anyone got a garmin link for this race? Hoping to do it as well. The link in the stick is from 2009 and I think it might be out of date?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Anyone got a garmin link for this race? Hoping to do it as well. The link in the stick is from 2009 and I think it might be out of date?

Just checked my garmin connect and I never uploaded my race from last year and the year before. But I can tell you that its a fair 5k. Definitely not the fastest or easiest but its a nice undulating route along country roads. First mile is fairly fast then after that theres a drag here and there but mainly its flat. Finish is a long straight thats slightly downhill.

Just checked my garmin connect and I never uploaded my race from last year and the year before. But I can tell you that its a fair 5k. Definitely not the fastest or easiest but its a nice undulating route along country roads. First mile is fairly fast then after that theres a drag here and there but mainly its flat. Finish is a long straight thats slightly downhill.

Have done the 1/2 a couple of times down there. This obviously doesn't finish on the track. Roads around aren't too bad from memory.

Here's a route from 2009. Not sure if it's still the same.

• Advertisement

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Have done the 1/2 a couple of times down there. This obviously doesn't finish on the track. Roads around aren't too bad from memory.

The 5k does finish on the track if thats what you mean
    Here's a route from 2009. Not sure if it's still the same.

The current route is different than this for sure, I know they changed it in 2012.

I was thinking it didn't really map to your description. How about this one from 2013?

I was thinking it didn't really map to your description. How about this one from 2013?

Yeah the 2012 & 2013 routes were the same and Im sure there'll be no change for saturday. The start is very narrow though so best to get right up the front and I mean literally on the first row.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Trampas

I assume you can reg up there and not just online

Trampas wrote: »
    I assume you can reg up there and not just online

Up until 7pm I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Krusty 16.15.

Did you do it yourself Tang? Tough old race today. They had to switch to an alternative route because of a clash with a funeral and it was a lumpy course. Ran a good first mile, but suffer as I might, my times went south for the remaining two thirds of the race. A little disappointed, but it is what it is.

I'd come back and do this race again, just to see that race starter in action. Now I know why Tunguska was hanging back a couple of rows from the start line. Lethal. Think someone stole his bullets this year!

Did this race as well this evening. Wasn't expecting anything time wise after a couple of races in recent weeks and 2 sessions during the week.

Legs went to mush though after around 1.5 miles. Hard to put finger on it. Course wasn't particularly tough or demanding. Guess I just didn't have anything left in the legs this time. Wouldn't class it as a fast course really. Seemed to be a few long drags.

Did you do it yourself Tang? Tough old race today. They had to switch to an alternative route because of a clash with a funeral and it was a lumpy course. Ran a good first mile, but suffer as I might, my times went south for the remaining two thirds of the race. A little disappointed, but it is what it is.

I'd come back and do this race again, just to see that race starter in action. Now I know why Tunguska was hanging back a couple of rows from the start line. Lethal. Think someone stole his bullets this year!

Na wasnt doing it, just saw your name in the results and put time up. Any other 5ks planned, you make a return to Kinnegad this year?

tang1 wrote: »
    Na wasnt doing it, just saw your name in the results and put time up. Any other 5ks planned, you make a return to Kinnegad this year?
    Hope to run St Cocas. When is Kinnegad?

• Advertisement

Hope to run St Cocas. When is Kinnegad?

The 9th of July, its a Wednesday evening.

Advertisement