Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

junior cert 2014 next Week!!!!

Options
  • 29-05-2014 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey I'm doing my junior cert next week
    I don't know why I'm worrying about it as it's just the junior cert
    I'm not looking forward to English(HL) next Wednesday :/
    any tips on!
    Irish(HL)
    English(HL)
    Science(HL)
    Georgraphy(HL)
    Business(HL)
    Homec(HL) thanks and any tips to make me feel better would be helpful also Thanks👍

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

Katie2014 wrote: »
    Hey I'm doing my junior cert next week
    I don't know why I'm worrying about it as it's just the junior cert
    I'm not looking forward to English(HL) next Wednesday :/
    any tips on!
    Irish(HL)
    English(HL)
    Science(HL)
    Georgraphy(HL)
    Business(HL)
    Homec(HL) thanks and any tips to make me feel better would be helpful also Thanks👍

Don`t worry about english, I`m not looking forward to it either because of the short timings but we need to think positive and keep telling yourself you can do it during the exam!

For Science, geography and business you should be ok as long as you have been listening in class and doing your homework!

As for English make sure you know your studied poetry, novel and drama and for Irish your poetry and short story. It is usually a good idea too for Irish if you have an eachtra prepared before hand and learn it off. It saves a lot of pressure in the exam!

Dont worry about it and remember examiners and looking to take marks off you they will try their best to give them to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Katie2014

Thank you. Best of luck in your exams! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ciantighe

Sparknotes.com for decent Romeo and Juliet notes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 swallace12

Irish(HL) - As the person said above learn off your eachtra, poetry, and prose and you'll pass it and if you want to get higher practice exam papers from 2012 to 2009. If you want any notes for any of the above just tell me.
    English(HL) - Learn essays for fiction from 2008 -2006 as they are most likely to come up again for example last year and 2007 were nominate/ recommend a novel so you can like link essay do you know what I mean. For poetry I just learned poetry and The notes my teacher gave me and for drama just watch the movie and if can just memorize some quotes. For paper 1 as I said for Irish just practice exam papers from 2012-2009.
    Science(HL) learn off definitions and practice exam papers from 2012 -2009
    Georgraphy(HL) go over case studies and know definitions and go over mocks and 2012
    Business(HL) go over 2012 and mocks
    Homec go over 2012 and mocks

If you don't mock papers just ask me and i'll send them to you by email

Good luck in you exams
    Shaun

Thank you so much:). By any chance have ye any sample essay notes on the "merchant of Venis" (studied drama) and "Roll of thunder hear my cry" studied fiction! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Thank you so much:). By any chance have ye any sample essay notes on the "merchant of Venis" (studied drama) and "Roll of thunder hear my cry" studied fiction! :)
    For the Merchant of Venice, learn quotes on Shylock, Antonio (maybe Portia if you have the time), Shylock and Antonio's relationship and the trial scene. Our teacher didn't really give us that many sample essay notes on MOV but doing questions yourself on it from the exam papers to time really helps you to focus on what you need to know for the exam :)

I did To Kill a Mockingbird for my studied fiction so i can't help you with the studied fiction that much- but again, learn quotes on the main characters, an important relationship, an important scene, (maybe an unexpected development too?) and the theme.

I don't have notes on Roll of thunder hear my cry but here's a good website ( thebestnotes.com )
    and Just pm me your email if you want I can give you notes on merchant of venice

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Shmoop and sparknotes are great for English notes

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fcos

Hi, for higher level maths do any of you have the 5 theorems?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mayogirlie1

Irish(HL) If you have gone to the Gaeltacht you really should be fine! I didnt go to the gaeltacht and got a B but all my friends who went all got As!

English(HL) If your a reader with a good vocabulary its simple! (I got an A)

Science(HL) LEARN of all the definitions from the marking schemes on examinations.ie (I got an A)

Geography(HL) DONT NEGLECT IT!! I got a B and was so disappointed but since Irish, Maths and English were on the same week i sort of forgot about it!

Business(HL) was a subject I adored but if you study it inside out you'll do fine! and the questions are the same every year! I got an A!

Homec(HL) Home ec is actually pretty easy I didnt study at all but i got an A! In saying that I had an excellent practical and a great project!

Goodluck though the junior cert is easy! they want to give you marks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

fcos wrote: »
    Hi, for higher level maths do any of you have the 5 theorems?:)

From another user:
    These are the 5 but not the exact wording (sorry):

- Prove the angles in a triangle equal to 180 degrees.
    - Prove the sum of the two interior angles equal the sum of the exterior angle.
    - Prove the opposite angles and sides in a parallelogram are equal.
    - Prove the Pythagoras theorem
    - Then theres one on a circle, can't remember or phrase it at the top of my head ,sorry;)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

The fifth one is to prove that the angle at the centre of a circle standing on a given arc is twice the angle at any point of the circle standing on the same arc

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

The annoying thing is english depends soo much on the marker, My teacher is strict corrector and I got a B in the mocks, only one A in the whole class.

Hey guys :-) I wish you all the best of luck in your exams today and for the next two weeks:-) I know that ye worked hard this year well I was up at six every weekend :-P feeling regretful because it's only the junior cert but it can get me a job next year and maybe better teachers ;) I'm skipping next year so I wish ye so the best in ty :-) and don't forget to post how you got on :-) English p1 here we come
    One the last time
    Best of luck
    Shaun

I laugh if someone asked for graph paper in the exam

Any tips for geography exam tomorrow! I've my study done throughout the year!
    But still geography is an easy exam to lose silly marks even doh it actually is easy most of time time!
    But tips would helpful and any suggestions of what questions you may think will come up! :) Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

But still geography is an easy exam to lose silly marks even doh it actually is easy most of time time!
    But tips would helpful and any suggestions of what questions you may think will come up! :) Thanks
    For long answer questions that say explain or describe always use NED (Name Explain Develop) Also be sure to read the questions carefully, as to avoid creating any mistakes in your answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

Make sure you answer all the short qs and do the map question (q5 i think), those are the easiest marks on the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    Make sure you answer all the short qs and do the map question (q5 i think), those are the easiest marks on the paper.

Unless you're like me and can't draw to save yourself....

Advertisement