Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Science 2014 TIPS!!!

Options
  • 29-05-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Tips for junior cert science :) exam next week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Katie2014 wrote: »
    Tips for junior cert science :) exam next week

Go over your log book and know where all the useful formulae/units are, it's sooo helpful for physics!
    Just keep doing exam papers really & make sure you can draw a graph and describe it there's always one, possibly on solubility or Hooke's law or some other things..

Everytime you get stuck on a question in the papers revise the whole section in your text book!

And make sure you know all the equations in chemistry (preparation of Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, titration, metal and acid, etc.)They always come up. Plus know the tests for oxygen (relights a glowing splint) Carbon dioxide (turns limewater milky) water (turns cobalt chloride paper from blue to pink) and hydrogen (burns with a popping noise).

Then go over big experiments like the photosynthesis one and preparing crystals, you'll be grand :)

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ciantighe

Use revise wise and just keep reading over the key points, helps so much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Katie2014

Thanks👍. I really would love to know what experiments are going to be on it but unfortunately that's not possible, It's just I know some very well and others not too well. :) but it will be fine. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jldesign

Do you not get a logbook for the Junior Cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

jldesign wrote: »
    Do you not get a logbook for the Junior Cert?

Yes you do.In science maths and technology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Boon16

Just go through papers , look at the front of the edco exam papers if you have them for topics that usually come up aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1 John_14

I am to sit the junior cert this week just like yourself! For science, I've a few tips.

My friend gave me this sheets; they were from some book and had all biology, chemistry and physics together, each chapter after the next. You may have got some from your teacher before? Extremely helpful! Anyhoo, what I do is go through each chapter, reading it, fishing out the key stuff. Then I go to my exam papers and do the questions right away. Since we're finished school until the exams, I correct them on examinations.ie. Doing this ensures you are answering it properly, however it also gives you knowledge on what they're actually looking for!

Go over your important experiments; preparation of oxygen, carbon dioxide etc.

On the day, if log tables aren't given, ask for one! Your allowed one, they're there, use them!

Don't be too stressed. Good luck in everything. Hope this helped :)

Thanks very much:) dreading English tomorrow :/ haha.!
    Best of luck in your exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lillianlove

Hello :) I'm also sitting the JC at the moment and I'm sorry if I'm a bit late but I thought I'd help out anyway (since science isn't until Thursday!)
    Basically just do loads of questions in the exam papers, they always ask the same type of questions! Also look over the really long and important experiments eg photosynthesising plant etc. If there is something you know you're not good at (eg bonding for me) then look over that again and again!
    Then just go for it, there's probably gonna be questions we won't know but it's only JC sure haha 😆😖

Tips for higher level business studies! And higher level French.:)
    Exams this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Abalamic

I would say to study the "designated" experiments because at least 2 would come up.

Other than that, just read and read until your brain stops functioning and there's not much else you can do for science, only approximately 20% of the paper actually covers the course

Advertisement