Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luke Ming Flanagan MEP

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Right this is getting a little out of hand and steering away from the original post.

Please all stick to my original post and don't fly off the handle, thanks!

Simple solution - stop reading if you don't like the opinions your getting!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 daireaire28

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Simple solution - stop reading if you don't like the opinions your getting!

Could you tell me what the original post stated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

meglome wrote: »
    I'm sorry but our government is a reflection of it's people. The scary thing is Fianna Fail did mostly what they promised to do, we the electorate didn't think about what the consequences of those actions would be. We didn't care... taxes were down, wages were up and your house was 'worth' a million. We voted them in three times in row to complete the mess.

This is one of our biggest problems we think that it's our politicians that are the issue, when the issue is us.

How does that make any sense?!! Sure Hitler was elected by the German people. I am pretty sure the vast amount of his policies were not representative of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    How does that make any sense?!! Sure Hitler was elected by the German people. I am pretty sure the vast amount of his policies were not representative of them.

*Bingo!*

By the laws of the internet, the first one to mention Hitler automatically wins any argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Godwin's law at it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭SeanW

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Barroso was elected.
    By whom?
    What corruption?
    Their own Court of Auditors has refused to sign off on any budget in 20 years, which has led Mr. Van Rumpouy to suggest that said auditors "tone down their criticism" to avoid damaging the EU superstate project.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10306461/EU-auditors-must-tone-down-criticism-of-Brussels-spending-says-Herman-Van-Rompuy.html

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

SeanW wrote: »
    By whom?
    The European Parliament.
    Their own Court of Auditors has refused to sign off on any budget in 20 years...
    Jesus, not that tired old canard again. It just won't die, will it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Riskymove wrote: »
    let's look at this another way...Brian Crowley has been an MEP for years and got 180,000 votes this time

...what has he achieved in that time?

Nothing, he has achieved nothing. He actually missed about half of the last parliament due to ill-health.

truedoom wrote: »
    no opinion.

Basically all i know is he wants weed decriminalized, and loves people cutting turf... Fair enough, but i guess he has more policies than that?

I think those are his policies all right. Nothing much else apart from general blather and something about some guy in Irish Water - really important stuff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Could you tell me what the original post stated?

OK, let me rephrase if for you, the discussion has moved on, as most do in life...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 daireaire28

Jim2007 wrote: »
    OK, let me rephrase if for you, the discussion has moved on, as most do in life...

Why are you being so confrontational?

• Advertisement
Advertisement