Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 15), May 30-Jun 3, 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Really looking forward to Shels v Galway tomorrow. Massive game for both teams. El Presidente will be in attendance.

Oh, and its not on in Finn Park ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Are Dylan Connolly and Ryan Robinson out because of international duty?

As far as I know the international game is on at the same time. So they're out. Big loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Sunday kick offs...hate it. Unless you're focusing your whole bank holiday around them they're just pointless. Needless to say I'm bitter as I'll miss it.

1st day of open season on out of contract NI/English players so I doubt we'll see any new faces straight away. Big potential for a new face or two for the Tuesday game in Waterford.

Neither team in very good form but still getting points on the board. Im guessing a poor spectical and a narrow win either way, probably a Sligo win, especially if we emulated how we played against Bohs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Ebbs wrote: »
    Sunday kick offs...hate it. Unless you're focusing your whole bank holiday around them they're just pointless. Needless to say I'm bitter as I'll miss it.

I like them for the early kick-off though, much easy to travel cross-country in the day than starting the journey at 10.00 pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Both out, delighted for Dylan, supposedly played a stormer last night and set up the first goal!

Hopefully Galway fielding a full team on Tuesday that went to ET will go to our advantage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really can't see us doing anything of note against Dundalk tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bolger in front of back 4 and Brennan on pitch please.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Place to be for goals is Belfield tomorrow (seriously). The last 7 games between UCD and Bray have yielded 37 of them, including 3-5 in the game at the Carlisle this season and 4-5 in last season's game in Belfield.

Cue a 0-0 draw tomorrow.
    Really need a result tomorrow. Great time to play Bray as they've got a few suspensions. Could really do with Clarke and Ben Mohamad back though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

huge game in Sligo, a draw would suit Rovers better. Sligo really need to win.

Rovers are not exactly freescoring, so one goal should do it for the home side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Anything less than a Cork City win would be a disaster for us. Would be hoping to batter Athlone to claw back some of that goal difference on Dundalk, but in 2 out of the last 3 games we've gone 2 nil up within 20 mins, and thats been that.

Saying that I'm sure Athlone will be on a high after grabbing the win against UCD, so it might be alot tougher than I imagine in my head.

Anything can happen. I love this league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

To batter them would be nice, but I have an awful feeling that a 0-0 is going to happen. So would be happy with the 3 regardless of how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Looking forward to the trip even though I reckon we'll be lucky to get a result the way we've been playing.

Micky D coming to Tolka.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Comfortably Dundalk victory

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Dundalk (-2) is 5/1 in places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Need a win, don't expect one. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭LOI Stats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Bolger in front of back 4 and Brennan on pitch please.

Definitely time we started naming these two in the starting eleven again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

monkey9 wrote: »
    Definitely time we started naming these two in the starting eleven again.

Brennan is starting and Bolger is on the bench. Lynch drops to the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Bohs well on top in Dalymount but losing 1-0. If Dundalk don't up their performance we could lose this match.
    On a sad note an elderly fan and a kid were jumped by Bohs fans before the game. 20 or so. Class acts walked past guards and attacked people who weren't able to defend themselves. Also one turnstile open before the game and 50 Dundalk fans still hadn't gotten in by the time the goal was scored in the 8th shambles. Not a great start to the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Fully convinced they're hiring these referees from mental institutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

1-0 Cork, about f*cking time :)

5-1 for us. Fagan Hattrick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Place to be for goals is Belfield tomorrow (seriously). The last 7 games between UCD and Bray have yielded 37 of them, including 3-5 in the game at the Carlisle this season and 4-5 in last season's game in Belfield.

Cue a 0-0 draw tomorrow.
    Really need a result tomorrow. Great time to play Bray as they've got a few suspensions. Could really do with Clarke and Ben Mohamad back though.
    Oh FFS.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Football genius me
    doncarlos wrote: »
    On a sad note an elderly fan and a kid were jumped by Bohs fans before the game. 20 or so. Class acts walked past guards and attacked people who weren't able to defend themselves.

That's fúcking horrible, hopefully the scumbags are caught

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

We need our internationals back.

Badly. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Zebra3 wrote: »
    We need our internationals back.

Badly. :(

not at all. The longer the better.

• Advertisement

doncarlos wrote: »
    Bohs well on top in Dalymount but losing 1-0. If Dundalk don't up their performance we could lose this match.
    On a sad note an elderly fan and a kid were jumped by Bohs fans before the game. 20 or so. Class acts walked past guards and attacked people who weren't able to defend themselves. Also one turnstile open before the game and 50 Dundalk fans still hadn't gotten in by the time the goal was scored in the 8th shambles. Not a great start to the night

Were the Bohs lads under the age of 18 roughly by any chance?
    Absolute cretins and I know all Bohs fans condemn their behaviour!

On the pitch I thought Dundalk were cruising. Never had to leave first gear. Towell is some player, probably the best in the league. Any idea as to how much he's on a week? He's the next one on the plane I imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Brennan started tonight and we won well, no coincidence that.

2 goals we conceded were soft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

BOHtox wrote: »
    Were the Bohs lads under the age of 18 roughly by any chance?
    Absolute cretins and I know all Bohs fans condemn their behaviour!

On the pitch I thought Dundalk were cruising. Never had to leave first gear.
    Towell is some player, probably the best in the league. Any idea as to how much he's on a week? He's the next one on the plane I imagine

Cough,splutter,choke!! Wages? Whats that?
    Richie gets the haircut of his choice paid by the club every week and thats that :cool: Some player he is alright although Bohs fans didnt like the way he celebrated his fine strike :p

Cough,splutter,choke!! Wages? Whats that?
    Richie gets the haircut of his choice paid by the club every week and thats that :cool: Some player he is alright although Bohs fans didnt like the way he celebrated his fine strike :p

My mate and I were applauding the strike as were a few around me but that quickly turned to "Fúck off Towell ye cúnt" when he came over to us :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Good result for Super Blues tonight, don't know what's gone wrong with Drogs lately, is that 14 goals conceded in 3 games?! Crazy stuff.

The result didn't flatter Limerick either, we actually looked like the home team. Galbraith coming back has made a massive difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Great win last night but on the way into the away end after we got off the bus, about 30 Bohs "fans" came from the same end as the entrance and attacked about 100 Dundalk fans! They obviously attacked the wrong bus but how the gardai/stewards never seen it, until it was over il never know

As for our fans with the smoke bomb, will you ever f""k off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hard fought 1-0 against a terrible but dogged Athlone side. My god it was an awful game. Athlone were poor but we were not much better. A great header won it but there was nothing else.

I was happy that JC changed things at ht as the 451 was not working. Lehane was excellent when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Brilliant performance from our players at Tolka Park, a scoreline like that was coming against a decent side.

First half was relatively even, with Shels probably having more possession. Shels scored two really nice long range efforts, we scored a looping header and a header from a corner. I thought psychologically, Shels coming from behind twice would work against us but boy was I wrong. Second half was totally different, we owned it and blitzed Shels. Our strikers hassled and harried for every ball, never gave Shels a minutes peace. Despite a few breakaways it was a relatively comfortable half for us it must be said. Conneely could have scored a hat-trick of headers.

Jake Keegan's goal was phenomenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Brilliant performance from our players at Tolka Park, a scoreline like that was coming against a decent side.

First half was relatively even, with Shels probably having more possession. Shels scored two really nice long range efforts, we scored a looping header and a header from a corner. I thought psychologically, Shels coming from behind twice would work against us but boy was I wrong. Second half was totally different, we owned it and blitzed Shels. Our strikers hassled and harried for every ball, never gave Shels a minutes peace. Despite a few breakaways it was a relatively comfortable half for us it must be said. Conneely could have scored a hat-trick of headers.

I heard that the fans were chanting USA after Keegan scored! :D

not at all. The longer the better.

You lot still have Cousins in charge, calm down...

Having seen Galway 3 times this season they look the best side in the League now since they've managed to start scoring. Our defending was pish poor, Murray in goals had a shocking game and we're badly missing Connelly and a few of the lads who aren't 100% fit still.
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    I heard that the fans were chanting USA after Keegan scored! :D

They were also chanting "United".......baffled the majority of Tolka Park!

https://vine.co/v/MpAAjlannF6

Richie Towell's goal Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

We were missing a large amount of players. It took it's toll unfortunately

 Aaron Henry  ‏@aaronhenry5 2m
    Shamrock Rovers fans throwing fireworks on the pitch. 4 arrested by Guards
    from Sligo

Gerard ‏@GerardGrimes11 4m
    Sligo announcer just said "If there's anymore flares, the game will be abandoned"

1-0 Shamrock Rovers at HT,

from Sligo

Sligo announcer just said "If there's anymore flares, the game will be abandoned"

Another lucrative day for the FAI.....

from Sligo

Shams fans have done that before in Sligo. Almost certain they did it at the last match of the season in 2012 when they scored.

kksaints wrote: »
    Shams fans have done that before in Sligo. Almost certain they did it at the last match of the season in 2012 when they scored.

Game was stopped for 5 mins after they scored. Surely its time their away fans started getting banned for away games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Put that on fcuking twitter, Keane. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

anncoates wrote: »
    Put that on fcuking twitter, Keane. :)
    Alan Keane™ ‏@keano47 May 11
    Only 1 rovers that's sligo rovers 5 years all trophys **** anyone else's that think they are rovers #rentapitch #zzzzzzz

Some egit alright.

Sligo will put up a hell of a scrap v Dundalk in the FAI cup on Friday night,their league season is as good as over.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Game was stopped for 5 mins after they scored. Surely its time their away fans started getting banned for away games
    There are a bunch of gob****es who do things like this every now and then but that's just ridiculous. I know the children of Dundalk are still scarred for life after a few lads ran on the pitch in Oriel last month and might never recover, but we have to keep these things in perspective.

Terrific win for Rovers in Sligo, ten points better off than this time last year. I just hope with a bit of confidence we can get back to playing some of the football we were in the opening weeks.

There are a bunch of gob****es who do things like this every now and then but that's just ridiculous. I know the children of Dundalk are still scarred for life after a few lads ran on the pitch in Oriel last month and might never recover, but we have to keep these things in perspective.

Terrific win for Rovers in Sligo, ten points better off than this time last year. I just hope with a bit of confidence we can get back to playing some of the football we were in the opening weeks.

Throwing flares on the pitch, several pitch invasions (at least 3 this season already) If your clubs not punished properly, you will keep attracting these clowns!
    I know in Oriel, supporters have started pointing out trouble makers (pics, videos etc...) to the club and bans have been handed out to a few from the Shed, About time your clubs fans started doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Throwing flares on the pitch, several pitch invasions (at least 3 this season already) If your clubs not punished properly, you will keep attracting these clowns!
    I know in Oriel, supporters have started pointing out trouble makers (pics, videos etc...) to the club and bans have been handed out to a few from the Shed, About time your clubs fans started doing the same.
    How do you know my club doesn't ban fans? You'd swear we were the only club that have a handful of idiots who do stupid things every now and then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement